Sacred Rose

Amanda

Interesting reading through this thread. I just acquired this deck in a lot over in the trading forum not long ago, and I haven't read with it yet. Looking through it however, I felt strongly compelled to love it and read with it like a forever favorite (which prompted me to look for threads about it, which I never do for any deck usually). I did notice the eyes and they struck me as a bit 'odd' or 'out of place', but they're not a bother to me; it seems like something I may figure out more meaning behind through doing more readings with this deck. I feel a similar energy within this deck as I did with Tarot of a Moon Garden for some reason... but this deck has a much more worldly and distinct feel to it like, "Take me seriously. I will tell you exactly everything you need to know." Intuitively speaking, it seems to have the worldliness to back itself up. It also seems to have a bit of darker (though unthreatening) energy about it too, like the Deviant Moon. The LWB that comes with the deck seems to have a smidge of a Thoth influence as well. I guess what I'm trying to say here, is that it seems a very compelling and intense deck. I think I like it.

jema

Freddie,that wooden box, i got one just like it. It is home for my Robledo TdM

As for Sacred Rose, just like Le Fanu it is one I kept avoiding for years in the 90:ies, then when I finally got it more then 10 years later I came to really grow very fond of it.

I know there are two companion books for it, I think the one I got is the 'bad' one though.

Amanda

Hi Patrick, thank you for the links!
I'm pleased to see that my initial impressions of the deck seem to be in alignment with how it was intended! :)

Freddie

Cool links, thanks Patrick.

I still keep this deck in that box on our kitchen table. I have a deep love for this pack and I mainly use this deck and my Marseille packs. It seems to have a kind of an ageless appeal, the older I get the more I seem to feel drawn to it. Recently I have taken up a serious study of the companion book by the author of the deck and I have found great insight through it. I have to say that I have had the book for awhile, read it, but was not ready to recieve the information it offered. It is just that kind of book.

What a beautiful and deep deck for all time.... for all genders/sexes.... for all belief systems and metaphors..... for all ages....

Believe it or not, that box has purple velvet inside it that matches the deck..lol...

Freddie

Terrapin

Truly one of my favorite decks of all time. I've been using it this past week for my daily touchstone draws. Love it.

G6

I traded this one. It didn't resonate. The artwork was underwhelming in person. I know lots of people like it though.

Freddie

It isn't for everyone. I have had some very respected beautiful decks that I could not connect with, so I passed them on.

Freddie