Top 5 Favorite Decks Judging From The Back Only

decan

Pagan Otherworlds is gorgeous!

I own the Smith-Waite Centennial and I can't make up my mind. It's not the worst, but not the best (and I'm not huge on the card stock of the Centennial in a tin, not sure if it's the same as for the original sized deck?). Yet, I think it's a lot better than the tedious plaid back.

Thank you so much!
Concerning the cartstock of the Centenial (the regular size), I think it is correct or okay. I haven't the one which is in a tin. Its back is elegant but not great (too grey) I agree; nevertheless I find very difficult to find a back which is fine with me!
The back of the After Tarot is indeed for my taste, but besides I don't really read with this deck...

Well, nothing is perfect !

CosmicTarot

Concerning the cartstock of the Centenial (the regular size), I think it is correct or okay. I haven't the one which is in a tin. Its back is elegant but not great (too grey) I agree; nevertheless I find very difficult to find a back which is fine with me!
The back of the After Tarot is indeed for my taste, but besides I don't really read with this deck...

Well, nothing is perfect !

Thank you for clarifying about the card stock of the Centennial regular size and I hear you, especially for Rider-Waite.

One back (the only one) that actually is to my liking when it comes to Rider-Waite, and not everyone would agree with me on this, is the William Rider & Son, with a brown crackled design. I think it's quite appealing. Some people would probably find it boring.

I agree with After Tarot. The back looks so great in images! It gives me serious cravings.

CosmicTarot

Tabula Mundi, Cosmic, Daniloff.

Suffice it to say that I like Cosmic Tarot :p

I got more suggestions for Tabula Mundi and Daniloff, and I agree that they look great. Thank you :heart:

ana luisa

Impossible to choose. I am currently in love with the Rohrig. So happy I found it at a reasonable price after so many years :)

Attachments

• ff106f0c1707fe20373a4216960d2a6a.jpg
    ff106f0c1707fe20373a4216960d2a6a.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 168
  • the_hermit.jpg
    the_hermit.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 161

ana luisa

And the Wildwood's which I unfortunately, do not own.

Attachments

• card back PMS 560C NEW.jpg
    card back PMS 560C NEW.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 174

CosmicTarot

+1 for all your suggestions. Wildwood's is stylish. It reminds me of Hexen 2.0. Though, instead of an atom bomb(?) it's a tree.

Stella's is lovely.

Rohrig is really cool. I liked the Hermit.

Thank you so much for attaching images! I love looking through all the pics!

mercuryempress

I bought Stella just because of the backs

I also Love the original rider waite and golden rider backs ( 2 of my favorite RWS)

If i were to purchase another deck for the back alone it would be the Dreaming Way

I love the Japardize backs as well

eta : oh and the New Orleans Voodoo Deck has a great card back

Carojulie

Thanks for the pics !
That's funny, I own the french version of the Wildwood (Tarot de la forêt enchantée), and the backs do not have this nice design in the middle. They are the same dark green with thin white line frame, with the unhappy copyright mention... but the middle is empty, just plain dark green. That makes for a very plain back.
You can see images on this blog :
http://www.annesophiepau.com/Tirage-des-energies-de-la-semaine-du-18-au-24-mai-2015_a342.html
and on this site :
http://www.boutiques-esoteriques.co...arot-de-la-foret-enchantee-9782858297009.html

No idea why the french version does not have the same design, but its a shame.

Denever

I have the Centennial in full size and tin. The smaller deck's stock is definitely thinner than the full size. Put them on a table next to each other -- the difference in the height is more than 0.5 cm.

Thank you for clarifying about the card stock of the Centennial regular size and I hear you, especially for Rider-Waite.

One back (the only one) that actually is to my liking when it comes to Rider-Waite, and not everyone would agree with me on this, is the William Rider & Son, with a brown crackled design. I think it's quite appealing. Some people would probably find it boring.

I agree with After Tarot. The back looks so great in images! It gives me serious cravings.