how to cleanse my cards

BlueFox

another 'energy' thread

Energy is picked up from everywhere, some beleive, some can even 'feel' it on and around all types of things. others disbeleive "mind tricks, homie"
key note: Paper was once LIVING
many paints and inks are derived from something living as well.
(even oil based and synthetics, crude oil is prehistoryjuice after all)

energys can be picked up from people (what they're feeling, etc) and the machines the cards pass through, also the people they go through before they reach you (trading hands, being stocked, shipped, etc.) as well as the ambient energy of the biosphere itself, cleansing takes no magical ritual, time of day, altars, special stones, these things have their own energies and ways of interacting, some pull energy away, some put it there, same way electrical charge or static builds up. (look up speaker manufacturing processes, normal metals are made magnets by, you got it, putting them with a high powered magnet for a while)

my favorite method of cleansing
Prayer, in whatever form your deity is manifest, a wholehearted prayer for their blessing is all it takes I found.
Often I find the energy replaced by a more powerful but 'clean' energy.

if you've no such experience, prayer will likely be your best bet
I've much experience with energies, picking them up, transferring them.
I'd start with a closed circle (some people draw them, various methods and materials have been researched, I find I don't need any such illustration, I lay the circle of my own energy, sanctify, and it works) I'll pull the energy from the object, remove it from the circle, and let it go into the wind, or into the earth itself (a natural ground it absorbs energy readily) then replace the energy with my own, and dispel the circle.

it takes longer than a prayer but was my original method before my faith was restored.

PAMUYA

Wow, I didn't imagine so many ways to cleanse a deck. I have a table next to my favorite seat in the house. On this table I keep my treasures/keepsakes, I wouldn't call it an alter, although some might. I keep my favorite tarot deck on this table. To keep my cat from knocking my deck over I put a large crystal that I had purchased in Northern California a few years ago on top of it. Don't know if it cleanses it or not, but I love the deck and it serves me well.

Phoenix Morgen

One method of cleansing a deck that works really well for me is holding the deck with the edges of the cards facing you and blowing on them, like you could blow between the cards. Visualize any psychic debris or astral nasties floating off into the wind and being swept away. It's not super fancy, but it works if I feel like the deck has picked something up.

Ambience

I hold my hands over the deck and ask my spirit guides to cleanse it for me. I then wait for awhile before shuffling and again i do this for a short time before refocusing on a question. I do turn all the cards the right way up also, so no reversals.

Graymalkin

I lay all of my cards one by one face up with a candle in the middle. as I lay them (after lighting) I ask Fire, "Excuse me, I'm sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if you could please cleanse my cards of all the previous energies they gather today (If I had done a lot that day)? I need them cleansed so that I may give readings and advise others to the best of my ability and I would really appreciate it if you could for me. Thank you!" then I let the candle burn for a while.

I normally do this just before a full moon so that I could gather them up (put them in a zip lock in case it rains... found that out the hard way...) and place them face up in a bowl and ask my Crone to charge them for me and state why.

This always works for me :]

Richard

True story. My new Albano Waite deck was smelly, so I put it in the freezer for a few hours. After that, it smelled better, but I started consistently drawing extremely negative cards. I decided to cleanse the deck with the four elements. I have an altar on which there are the four elemental weapons. I placed the deck on the Pentacle (Earth) and successively touched it with the Dagger (Air), Cup (water), and Wand (Fire). I can't claim that this procedure really did anything, but for whatever reason (or perhaps no reason at all) the deck has behaved normally since then.

Graymalkin

LRichard said:
True story. My new Albano Waite deck was smelly, so I put it in the freezer for a few hours. After that, it smelled better, but I started consistently drawing extremely negative cards. I decided to cleanse the deck with the four elements. I have an altar on which there are the four elemental weapons. I placed the deck on the Pentacle (Earth) and successively touched it with the Dagger (Air), Cup (water), and Wand (Fire). I can't claim that this procedure really did anything, but for whatever reason (or perhaps no reason at all) the deck has behaved normally since then.

They obviously didn't like being in the cold without a sweater! lol XD

Richard

Graymalkin said:
They obviously didn't like being in the cold without a sweater! lol XD
I really tried not to think that, but ..... :|

Ambience

Ivy Rhiannon said:
I love that idea! I'm a reiki master, and have never thought to use the energy to cleanse my deck!
Ditto i use reiki also.

nisaba

Original Destiny said:
Diana...moonlight is concidered feminine...a softer light...Sun light is masculine...:TFOOL
Not in Germany and probably in other cultures as well - the Moon is seen as masculine (dark), thus the Man in the Moon, and the Sun is seen as feminine (bright).