"Professional Readers" and Timing

pz2112

People keep saying the future isn't set in stone but this woman clearly saw the future and things happened as she predicted

My personal belief is that "very little is carved in stone until it comes to pass". The keywords to me in the phrase are “very little”. While there are many aspects of our lives shaped by our own choices and actions, I believe the length of time we are destined to spend here and the lessons we are to learn are both carved in stone. To paraphrase the Serenity Prayer, ours is ask for wisdom to accept things we cannot change, courage to change what we can … and wisdom to know the difference.

I don't doubt the woman's accuracy in predicting a death so accurately. Someone in this thread mentioned tapping directly into the source. Of those I know who have this ability, they often describe it as though it can be as literal as seeing it printed in a book. I admire how she focused the message toward what could be changed (the opportunity to make best use of the year ahead to communicate what mattered) versus what could not (the physical death that would take with it that opportunity were it not siezed before it was too late).

I feel a need to share a quick personal story about what shaped my perception of what is carved in stone. When I was a kid, one of my brother's died at 18 (just before I turned 12) and my Dad passed away at 45 on my 15th birthday. One of the way I dealt with the losses was realizing there are many who have lost far more, but at the time it turned my world and my understanding of God completely upside down. So after processing a long time (with a desire to find a truth I could live with) I came to understand that there was their journey and there was my journey and the journies of all the lives they impacted along the way. That nothing anyone said or did could have prolonged their lives because their time here was completed. And those of us who loved them were changed forever – ultimately for the better – because through their deaths we received one of life's important lessons with such direct force: that tomorrow is not guaranteed to ANYONE. Young, old, rich, poor, good, bad … it can touch any of us at any time.

So back to lessons. I've come to believe that in addition to our time here on Earth being pre-destined, I also believe that lessons are, too. I've discovered that when it comes to getting from Point A to Point B, I can take the long road or I can take the short road, but one way or another, I can't escape the road (lol). During a significant leg of my journey, I had started to work with the Tarot … A LOT. And I was annoyed because certain cards, particularly Trumps, would often appear abnormally often no matter how often I shuffled the cards and even when I used a different deck all together. What made it worse was they were my least favorite cards! (Those of you who have experienced this personally, try not to giggle). SO … finally one day I realized they were only following me because I wouldn't acknowledge them or the lesson they were there to facilitate. And I didn't like them because their territory was the territory I was least familiar with and found the most uncomfortable in navigating because it held the keys to overcoming spiritual blind spots or negative patterns that were obstructing my path. The ones through which you often learn that they don't say "character is forged by fire" for nothing (lol).

So in closing, if you've gotten this far in my post, thank you. All I really wanted to say is I think there are some things you can change and some things you can't. And that the only thing for certain is that the time you have while you are here is absolutely irreplacable. You have only one chance to live this life and accomplish what you were put here to do. <3

Chrystella

While there are many aspects of our lives shaped by our own choices and actions, I believe the length of time we are destined to spend here and the lessons we are to learn are both carved in stone. To paraphrase the Serenity Prayer, ours is ask for wisdom to accept things we cannot change, courage to change what we can … and wisdom to know the difference.

This is where I am as well. I think life is a combination of destiny, free will, and serendipity. And I'm okay with not knowing what's what.

She says she is psychic but believes everyone has an angel sitting on their shoulder that whispers to them if they would stop, ask and then listen.

In my life, I've had two accurate, predictive readings. One was from a woman who is a priestess in an Orisha tradition and she didn't use any cards. She placed a glass of water on the table and just started talking. The second was an older Hispanic lady, a priestess in a different Orisha tradition and a Spiritualist. She used the Spanish baraja, not tarot. In both cases, they believed to be communicating with my ancestors and spirit guides. They are the best two readings I've ever had.

I'm of the school of thought that everyone has such abilities. It's a matter of learning how to tune in and then learning to discern between your inner chatter and divine messages.

I have only on occasion used the tarot for predictive readings. Although I've never given someone a fixed date, I usually get a sense of the time period such as six weeks or six months.

cardwitch

I'm psychic and don't use cards to predict timing. Timing is still hard for me. I'll feel a number in my mind and know it relates to the reading.

I also lose time and gain time all the time. I see time as expandable and circular. I see the clocks we use on Earth as just a counting device. That's not time. If you want to become more psychic, you'll need to lose the idea of counting devices as time. I also feel the numbers. I see numbers like license plates or serial numbers and "read" them. For me numbers are intuitive and contain messages for me to decipher.

It astonishes us that someone can predict things or timing because we live with the idea of things being linear and straight, but remember straight lines are a creation of man, not nature. There is no such thing has a straight line in nature.

If you are in a car, you'll gain time. You'll get to the place you want to go faster. You don't think you've gained time, but you have. It now takes less time to get what you want done. As children, we are told that time hasn't speed up, only the car. This is not true. I've just broken down Einsteins general theory of relativity for you in more basic, relatable terms.

Just think about it!

This is so, so fascinating. I never thought about time like this before. Like most readers, I've had my share of predictions that came true and those that didn't. I wonder if I could be more accurate if I adjusted my view of time itself? You've really given me something to think about :lightbulb

DownUnderNZer

I reckon there are some that are more connected to intuition and Tarot cards PLUS timing.

This one woman I saw in Brisbane some years back told me even before looking at the cards really - in fact, she didn't need them if you ask me.

"You will hear from lawyers around November the 1st - at least the first week of November and......."

She was absolutely right!

I actually heard from some lawyers about October the 30th I think, well at least a phone call from their receptionist or assistant to do with an accident, and it was in the following days I had to go in and read some documents and sign them.

All in the first week of November and with one of the lawyers in his office.

So, I think some readers really are on to it with their timing and intuition for sure whether with Tarot or not actually.

For me though I don't think I will ever be able to do that with Tarot as in "timing" - not in a million years. :)

I know there are a lot of "timing" threads out there and I don't mind reposting this if a better spot is found.

Timing is something I, and others it seems, struggle with. However, there is a psychic that visits a small village that has always had great reviews. I went to her a few years back and was told that I had exactly a year to say anything I needed to my father. I remember her saying, "I'm not saying talk to him today, I'm not saying forgive him tomorrow, but you have a year to talk to him." I was so angry with him at the time, I blew off what she said. Exactly a year later (to that very week), my father died unexpectedly.

So how is it we struggle with timing but this woman could predict to the very week when my father would die when there was no warning of it? This is the same woman that smiled and told me a female very close to me was pregnant and congratulations. It turned out my sister was pregnant at the time of the reading and she discovered it 2 weeks later.

Are some people more connected than others when it comes to intuition and Tarot cards?