"Remote" Tarot Reading

djdaz

Hi everyone,

This may seem a silly question, but is it possible to do proper readings for people when they buy them over the internet or is it a big con? If it can be done, how does it work? Does the querant e-mail you the question and you shuffle & read the cards then email them back the reading?

Pardon my ignorance

Darren

mgrace

djdaz said:
is it possible to do proper readings for people when they buy them over the internet or is it a big con? If it can be done, how does it work? Does the querant e-mail you the question and you shuffle & read the cards then email them back the reading?
Hi, djdaz. Question: Are you differentiating between readings offered, and done, over the Internet, in a commercial, for-a-price way, versus what so many of us do here on AT? As you've probably noticed, we do a whole lot of reading over the Internet; with posting of the question, etc.

Grizabella

It can also be done via instant messenger or in a chat room. I don't think it's a scam at all, although it certainly can be sometimes.

starrystarrynight

Lyric said:
I don't think it's a scam at all, although it certainly can be sometimes.
As in any walk of life, you'll find legitimates and others just trying to scam a buck.

If you have exchanged any readings here, you will know that the Internet is no barrier to giving or receiving excellent readings. (And if you haven't done any exchanges here, what are you waiting for?? :))

Baccus93

Visa/Mastercard/Electronic Check or PayPall accepted.

I've been doing long distance readings since the 80s. I've done them over the phone with friends and family, via mail, and, now, more recently and professionally, over the Internet. The only real differences are that I don't get to allow my querents to handle any card as they might see fit when it is long distance, and if it is email or public board, such as here, I don't get the instant feedback that would allow for more indepth examinations. But on the phone or chat lines, it works just fine.

Keigh

I read for others online and like to believe that what I am offering is real. I don't use a computer program, rather I shuffle, cut, and read as I would for an in person reading. The difference is that I am typing rather than talking. So long as the querent has given permission via asking a question - and therefore stated their intention to the universe - then reading over the internet is very viable. It's a matter of tapping into the energy of the querent via the cards. Geography is not a deterrent, as energy transcends those boundaries.

As with anything, there are those who will scam you. Don't purchase if it doesn't "feel" right. In the meantime, you should definitely start exchanging readings here in the forum so you can begin to experience it for yourself.

Best,
Keigh

djdaz

Thank you to all of you who have replied SOOO quickly! The general message I am getting is that internet readings are ok but there are limitations as there is no immediate feedback.

As for exchanges on AT... How does this work? I dont think ive ever seen it!! It sounds like a great idea though and would love to know more

starrystarrynight

You can find a forum called "Reading Exchange" on the list here. I believe you need to have posted 25 times and have been a forum member for 1 week something like that, anyway); however, that will go by very quickly, and we hope to be exchanging readings with you very soon!

It is an excellent way to get online practice and experience...and then you can judge for yourself if it works or not!

MercyMe

Judging by the feedback I receive as an online reader (both live chat and email), I would say YES, remote tarot reading works. :) I email a bit with my clients beforehand and then afterwards we often exchange emails to discuss the reading and their impressions, etc. I also will attach a picture of the spread and/or will include card images in the body of the email reading so the querant can see the cards. I do my best to encourage the dialogue that makes a really good reading. During my live chat sessions the client is paying by the minute, so there really isn't time to show card images, etc., but I do my best to help them understand what I am seeing. It works!

SunChariot

djdaz said:
Hi everyone,

This may seem a silly question, but is it possible to do proper readings for people when they buy them over the internet or is it a big con? If it can be done, how does it work? Does the querant e-mail you the question and you shuffle & read the cards then email them back the reading?

Pardon my ignorance

Darren

From my personal experience, literally all my readings I have done for others, probably about 50 by now have been done "remotely". I have only read once for someone in person, and for myself I absolutely hated the experience.

So all my reading really have been done over the Internet, most for complete strangers whom I know nothing about. I prefer not to know anything about them first except maybe if they are asking about their relationship I ask them the name of first initial of their partner. That is all I ever ask first.

My readings have always worked, and very often I am told it's scary or spooky how accurate certain parts are.

So my answer is a resounding yes. Not only that, but soon I am going to open my own web site where I will do readings online.

Yes, exactly. The querent sends you the question, you do the reading and e-mail it back to them. I personally like to add in photos of the cards that came up so they can see.

The thing is Tarot works, and no the querent does not have to be there for it to work. I don't think anyone knows for sure how it works or can proove it, but it just works.

When you ask a question, the answer is out there somewhere in the universe and the universe sends you the right cards to show it. My personal opinion of how it works is that there are higher powers involved. Others may have other explanations. But for me as I get ready to do a reading, I say something like "So and so needs help and I want to help him/her. Please send me the right cards to give him/her the asnwer to their questions and send me the wisdom to interpret them properly. And they just come. Honestly, since Tarot I have come to believe that when you want to help someone and you ask to be able to, that ability is granted you. The universe wants you to help others, so it sends you what you need.

That's my explanation, but yes to make a long story short. Yes remote readings work, and quite well too.

Bar