"My deck hates me" and such ideas

room

prudence said:
I'd love to see some of the Lunatic deck. Which plants would they enjoy posing with?

I unfortunately am not a lucky owner of a Lunatic deck, although the larger deck sounds most delightful.

These cards remind me of grassland or perhaps bamboo scrolls with inked pictures on them. Of course! They would like to have their pictures taken with a delicate scroll, perhaps one with kittens. A simple rendition of a Chinese poem and a potted bamboo would round out the scenario.

I have also discovered that when decks don't fit in, particularly foreign language decks, buying them their own dictionary is a crowd pleaser. I Tarocchi Celtici by Laura Tuan and the I King by Pier Canosa cheered up remarkably once this hefty English/Italian dictionary came home.

I don't think they really hated me at all, it was a simple language barrier. No flowers needed in this case.

The crowned one

I have "hated" the odd deck but I can't say a deck has ever hated me, My Golden tarot pushed me down the stairs once, but I had that coming... I was ignoring her.

To me it is just cardboard and ink, either we artistically click (well, on lots of levels but all of my doing)... or we do not.

room

The crowned one said:
My Golden tarot pushed me down the stairs once, but I had that coming... I was ignoring her.

Did you buy her flowers?? Talk about getting a hint.

The crowned one

room said:
Did you buy her flowers?? Talk about getting a hint.

We shared a bottle of wine ;)

LTG2201

The Magician from the Gilded Tarot kept on giving me funny looks, so I put him in my garden, so he'd be more happy. First I put him on this bush.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/LTG2201/tmpphpKrHs7H.jpg

He didn't seem to like this, so I put him with a little blackberry bush.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/LTG2201/tmpphpC0UQDH.jpg

He didn't even like this, so I sat him on my tree, he's happy there, and he doesn't get that upset in the rain.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/LTG2201/tmpphpvvQ2Yr.jpg

rebecca-smiles

room said:
Houseplants could be the answer for YOUR hateful deck. You just never know, and it would seem a sensible alternative for apartment or flat dwellers.

My RW is making me nausious, i'm sure its all the sick jokes it tells. But i'm not green fingered. Maybe i should send my deck to you for re-hab.

gregory

My decks all love me. Why would they not - I keep introducing them to new friends, and adding lovely things to their room (well, it is frankly a bit of a tip till we get the new room finished, but I have incense and things in there, and I visit them loads, and chat to them....)

Mind you, I also name inanimate objects, so my cars and so on all love me too. The toaster doesn't - but I don't like it either. It will be leaving soon.

But none of this makes me a better reader. That is down to hard work and experience. I need way more of both.

room

LTG2201 said:
He didn't even like this, so I sat him on my tree, he's happy there, and he doesn't get that upset in the rain.

Well, who couldn't like someone who puts them in a tree? I don't think he's noticed your subtle allusion to his trickster side and forked tongue, but I promise not to tell him.

Floral tributes, the acquisition of large dictionaries, and drinking wine with cards may not make you a reader, but you sure get to know the little fellers better and that does make a better reader.

Pollianna

personalities

I have three decks and all three have a different personality. Sounds odd I know but true. My old set I trust and respect and when i'm being dippy sometimes and not getting the message will start shouting at me (in the nicest way of course) my newest member i have bonded with straight away and feel we got a lot of reading together however my third pack which I bought for a specific purpose I can't seem to get on with? There is a block. It could be me thou as Ive only just started reading again, but i can definately say I get a different feeling from all three.

Sophie

rebecca-smiles said:
My RW is making me nausious, i'm sure its all the sick jokes it tells. But i'm not green fingered. Maybe i should send my deck to you for re-hab.
ROFL! If your RWS is telling you sick jokes, it must be in rebellion against its maker, an esoteric Christian mystic not noted for his sense of humour. I suspect your RWS would like to be a Thoth but doesn't dare, so it resorts to sick humour. Give it a good shuffle and a nice incense stick, and some quality time with you :D