Suitable bag?

Shadow Wolf

The bag I keep my fairies in is pink and gold, the gold being gold
threading, they chose the bag, not me, I had to evict my motherpeace deck because they insisted that this was the bag the wanted. So far they haven't changed their minds.

They did want me to keep their original box though !!

Don't know why, when it comes to fairies I try to do what they
ask me to do.

They are such wonderful creatures, it really is a priviledge to have them sharing my space !!!

I know they chose me. I don't know why, but I'm very happy they did !!!!

Ask them when you get them, where they would like to live.
Believe me, they will let you know !!!!

Have fun, your in for the ride of your life !!!

Keslynn

I knew that I would have to make a bag for the Faeries at some point. I didn't have one picked out because I usually get bags after I have the deck in my hands. Picking bag colors is easier that way for me.

At any rate, I'd been putting off making the bag (especially considering that I'd always bought them before), but the little buggers nudged me into it. This morning for my daily draw, I got The Master Maker. *lol* Not too subtle, eh? So I spent today making a lovely green velveteen bag with a white lining.

:) Kes

Glimmer

Faerie Box

I purchased my deck last week and while trying to find something to keep them in, my youngest son (age 5) said I could use a little wooden box he made at Home Depot on one Saturday. Its a nice box. Him & his grandma stained it and today I picked up some rub on decal things of daisies at a craft store and put on it. Its a nice little Faery House now.

Glimmer

Aura Wolf

How neat, Glimmer. Nice to have a new member join us!

Alissa

That's a precious home for the Fae indeed! Welcome Glimmer, and I hope to hear even more from you and your cozy Faery deck.

Genna

My faeries now reside in a green velvet(feels like velvet anyway) bag.The velvet is moss green,and the lining is apple green.

Laura Borealis

I was going to make a bag for mine, but they insisted on having a purple, blue and black silk scarf of mine. I actually liked wearing the scarf, but they say it's theirs. :D I have had to get other scarves to wear.

ScarabFlight

Making my bag was kinda crazy. Luathas was very helpful giving me a lot of ideas! (I only figured out it was him later, some of the ideas were, well, let's just say off the wall) Only a few days ago you would have never caught me talking about faeries. I guess that's what having this deck does to you. And I love it!!! (I'm also glad that this forum is here to know there are other "normal people" out there who talk to and about faeries)

On one side of the bag it's a patchwork of purples, greens and flowers. They wanted sparkly ribbon on it so I hand sewed 5 pieces of sparkly pink ribbon. I was going to make the back the same but they said no. They wanted a dark green viney type material. We went to the store and they picked out a dragonfly iron-on and some pink ribbon flowers for the green side. They also wanted me to sew some random sparkly beads around the dragonfly. (definately not my style, but it's not for me sooo...) They also wanted fringe on the bottom but the only fringe I had was 4 inch black fringe. I said no to the black fringe but suggested I make a beaded fringe with little bells on the end (they loved that). They also wanted reallly pale yellow tassels with silver and gold beads on the drawstring. AND I had a nice red silky material for the inside that they wanted but then they changed their mind and wanted purple.

It goes together a lot better than I would have thought. It's actually very pretty. I guess the point of this post other than the faeries wanting to show off their home is: In my experience it's best to let the faeries have thier say in what they have for a home. In my case, making the bag was the only option due to all their options. (I guess they wanted me to use some creative elbow grease lol)

It was a lot of work but also tons of fun! I guess it's kind of an intitiation to listening to what the faeries are saying and how they speak to you.

sorry this is so long :)

lark

ScarabFlight it sounds so beautiful.
Making a faerie bag is the first lessons the faeries use to teach us to listen with our intuition and you get an A+
Glad you had so much fun.

Wisp Wings

lark said:
ScarabFlight it sounds so beautiful.
Making a faerie bag is the first lessons the faeries use to teach us to listen with our intuition and you get an A+
Glad you had so much fun.

ScarabFlight, I couldn't agree more with Lark on this. By the way, your faes and mine sound very much alike. Somewhere I have a post talking of my bigger bag for the double deck of them. There is pics of it too. Surprisingly they didn't ask for ribbons and beads, just the use of three fabrics, lol.