Astrological Layout/Zodiac Spread

Minderwiz

Thanks Thirteen,

I like your more mundane view of the Ace of Swords in the Tenth.

On the Seven of Wands the question I was asked specifically mentioned an institution that would 'loom large' in the life of someone who had that card in the sixth. The Sixth House historically is linked to ill health (good health being the province of the first House and Ascendant) and this connection has led it to be extended to the health industry - doctors, nurses, etc. Now I usually take institutions as a twelfth House issue, not a sixth but the question specifically linked an institution with sixth House activities - I take the issue to be one where the sixth house activity will lead to the querent having to go to an instituion, rather than the question relating to an institution as such.

The only health issue I can see relating to the seven of wands is possible overwork by trying to do too much or a literal standing of ground leading to a physical conflict - though I think this is an unlikely health meaning. Given the sixth connection with ill health and the health service the logical institution that might get involved is a hospital or similar (doctor's surgery).

The sixth does have links with employment and service (and small animals such as pets). So I suppose there could be a standing of ground in the sense of sticking up for a course of action in a work situation. However not everyone works for what could be called an institution - and its that word and the primary rulership of the sixth - ill health that led me to the hospital scenario.

Your suggestion of someone being pressurised into risking their health might fit into this - though I believe you see it more as standing up against this risk.

Thanks again for the post - its made me go off and rethink a bit, which is always a good thing

Minderwiz

starrystarrynight

1: Aries; personallity, attitudes, and how one interacts within the world.
2: Taurus; financial & material matters, principals
3: Gemini; communication, education, siblings & travel
4: Cancer; home, family, childhood, fatherly infuences
5: Leo; pleasures & leisure, romance & creativity relationships with children
6: Virgo; work & responsibilities, health, helping others
7: Libra; close partnership & working relationships, alliances & marriage
8: Scorpio; hidden influences, life cycle, sexuality & psychic awareness
9: Sagittarius; religion & philosophy, law, foriegn cultures & long distance travel.
10: Capricorn; career & ambitions, self-esteem, achievments & public status
11: Aquarius; social life & aquaintences, hopes and wishes
12: Picses; subconscious, strengths & weaknesses, restrictions
I've been looking for a "Horoscope" spread to give an overview of my year coming up. My question on this one is this:

Each card drawn looks to coincide with a particular month or moon phase (astrological sign?) How do you read the card drawn for each month, say? For instance, if card 10 is:

does that mean that in the month of December (or more precisely, the Capricorn dates), the card drawn will affect the seeker's career and ambitions (only)...and if I drew, say the Two of Cups, it wouldn't have anything to do with love/emotions for that month (December), but only how that Two of Cups might speak to what will happen with my career/self-esteem, etc.?

I'm probably not making myself clear, so let me try again. :D

Will the month of December, for example (or the Capricorn time of year for 2008) speak only about things involving my career? Or does this spread cover the entire overview of the year regardless of what month something might occur. So, in 2008, what will happen as far as career/self-esteem. etc., goes will be represented by card #10, regardless of what month that energy might be present?

And if that is the case with this spread, does anyone have (and have any luck with) a spread that pulls a card or two for each month of the upcoming year to give a seeker a general predictive reading about the upcoming year?

lunalafey

This is such a versatile spread, can be used in so many ways- but what I think what you are trying to get to is that the cards are read in regards to the whole year. The positions/signs they fall in is the meaning for that position, but the meaning is derived from the associations that come with that particular sign.

starrystarrynight

Thanks, lunafey.

I'm not that versed in astrology, so I guess I'll keep looking for something that may suit me better. It's not that pressing!

satine

starrystarrynight said:

does that mean that in the month of December (or more precisely, the Capricorn dates), the card drawn will affect the seeker's career and ambitions (only)...and if I drew, say the Two of Cups, it wouldn't have anything to do with love/emotions for that month (December), but only how that Two of Cups might speak to what will happen with my career/self-esteem, etc.?

My take on this particular spread is that it's telling you about each of those areas in a way that would apply to your entire year, without clarifying what will be emphasized during a given month of the year. I know exactly what you're saying, and it's an important point to clarify before you use the spread! It seems like you're looking more for something that has one or two cards to represent each month, so that you'll know specifically what the energy or focus of that month will likely be? This may be overly simplistic, but why don't you just make a circle spread and throw a card for each month of 2008 (so you'd have 12 total cards if you only throw one card for each month of 2008.) Or you could go around the circle twice and have two cards for each month, with the cards respectively representing something like "joys and challenges," or "Energy- In and Out," or "Task and Insight." If you did something like this, it seems like you'd automatically get a general idea of which months will be focused on more fun than chores, which months might be better or worse financially, which months might be emotionally challenging, which months might be the most creative for you, etc. I don't know... I am just thinking off the top of my head. I will also look through my books, though, because it seems like I have seen a spread that is something like what you are seeking. Best wishes! :)

starrystarrynight

satine said:
...and it's an important point to clarify before you use the spread!...
Thanks, satine,

As usual, you are on my same wave length, and that is exactly what I figured I would do when I get around to it. I learned a long time ago that simplification is essential to me when reading the cards...I was just making it more difficult than necessary, and that never worked for me.

And no matter how I do it, it will work. I've learned that, too!

Thanks.

dadsnook2000

A long, long time ago . . .

A long, long time ago . . . but not so far away, Lunalafey and I experimented with a version of this astrological spread which included "timing" factors. Using the 12 sectors as astrological houses, we combined major aspects such as conjunctions, oppositions, squares and trines into the interpretations. Most of the results I have had were quite appropriate. Dave

lunalafey

Is it that time again???

Ah yes, the deeply involved, twisted blend of the astrological spread....and then some.
Being that so much has changed in the past year; the end of it comes and I become a year older, I have been thinking about throwin' down with some cards and tackling the spread for the year ahead.

Anyone care to dance?
The AstroTwist?

more reading

Karen48

This is a great thread!

I love the connection between tarot and astrolgoy. I too find the houses limiting/confusing tho.

I just did a 12 month forecast using a tarot deck for a work colleague and am trying to work thro the interpretations.

I didn't use the houses just drew cards for the calendar months.

Gonna go and read up on the Astro Twist right now!

Thanks for posting everyone and happy Christmas to you all!

Kx

Morwenna

The houses spread is the second one I ever worked with, and I do like it. I've never used it in reference to specific times, however, just to see what's on the querent's plate right now and what qualities/influences are having a hand in the matter.

I've been a dabbler at astrology for more years than I care to count.