the devil reversed

agedog1

Don't find the spread to be disturbing. It may just mean a different delivery: example: Woman on way to hospital, has baby in car or other type of transportation with people freaking out all around, while mother and child are fine.

webmuse

I don't believe in letting fear get the better of me ever. That being said, I think your initial reaction to the devil card must be accounted for. It does sound ominous and foreboding. I'd say she is burdened (obviously. carrying a baby alone essentially) and absolutely can't free herself until the very tramatic end. but there will be an end. her labor may have some dramatic conditions or may happen really fast. For some reason, c-section is coming to mind. But as dramatic as it will all be, she will wake up the next morning with a beautiful child. She just needs to be prepared for a rough ride to the hospital.

Sienna

Well WW, I wouldn't like to see the 10 of Swords here, also Empress Rx wouldn't be great either, I wouldn't be too surprised if Death Rx showed up... That would be the Birth (I think!) I do actually agree with others here in that Tower could indicate the birth (healthy), to be honest, having a baby will change anyone's life dramatically!! So maybe this reading isn't as negative as you/we first thought.

Let us know your results... I will send your pregnant friend some energy tonight.

Sx

Lady Orchard

ok here's my thoughts.

no need to panic! 10 of wands, your friend is getting big, and it's literally a burden for her.
devil rx - release from feeling "trapped"
tower - sudden, unexpected birth. not just early but prob v quick too.

I think that the cards point to her going into labour early. It will be a shock obviously but nothing to worry about. hope this helps

Wonderwoman

I did another 3 card reading on her and got Death reversed with devil rx and still the tower as outcome

Sophie

My reading of those cards hasn't changed. And Death rx can mean simply - life! It also points to the fact that as of yet, the big transformation isn't happening - not until the Tower.

From either of those draws you made, I would ask for two more cards: one for her, one for the baby, asking - what will the consequences of the Tower be?

Also - Sienna's suggestion of the Celtic Cross is good - it gives a much more complete picture.

Wonderwoman

You're right I will do a CC spread. I will wait until tomorrow so that its not the same emotions as today. Thank You Helvetica! I'm learning a lot!

Sienna

So Death Rx did show up! Well WW please let us know the outcome of the CC.

Sx