Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Tarot of Musterberg

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

martykens 
Citizen

Tarot of Musterberg

Hi AT! This is my first new thread! Please excuse me if this a double post and this deck has been mentioned before.
(Also mods-please let me know if I'm sharing this in the right place, if this link is ok, etc.)
Has anyone heard of this deck? I stumbled across it while browsing Marseille decks on Pinterest.
It's a whimsical TdM Style deck (but with some RWS flourishes) from Austria limited to just 500 copies.
I love the simple color palate, and the modern take on the traditional tarot characters, and the creamy, off-white backgrounds. (Can you tell I'm excited?)
I sort of purchased this on a whim and was curious if any of you own this deck or have heard of it.
This link is for directly buying the deck, and only has a few images, but a proper Google search will show you a lot more.

https://www.curioandco.com/products/tarot-of-musterberg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Top   #1
Citizen

Bluefeet 
Citizen

I have it and love it! The card stock is one of the loveliest and most luxurious - I've never seen any other tarot decks printed on acid free neutral paper, which is usually reserved for the production of high-end/collectible books (Easton Press, Folio Society etc.) According to the creators, "Musterberg" is fictional town from a comic series, I did not read the books but that doesn't stop me from appreciating the artwork. It also comes with a meaty LWB talking about both gaming and divination rules. Overall I highly recommend it!

For those who are interested, the World of Playing Cards has a short review on the deck:
http://www.wopc.co.uk/tarot/tarot-of-musterberg
Top   #2
Citizen

martykens 
Citizen

Tarot of Musterberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefeet View Post
I have it and love it! The card stock is one of the loveliest and most luxurious - I've never seen any other tarot decks printed on acid free neutral paper, which is usually reserved for the production of high-end/collectible books (Easton Press, Folio Society etc.) According to the creators, "Musterberg" is fictional town from a comic series, I did not read the books but that doesn't stop me from appreciating the artwork. It also comes with a meaty LWB talking about both gaming and divination rules. Overall I highly recommend it!

For those who are interested, the World of Playing Cards has a short review on the deck:

http://www.wopc.co.uk/tarot/tarot-of-musterberg

Thanks for your input Bluefeet! The card stock sounds heavenly. How recently did you purchase your deck? The social media pages for Curio & Co. haven't been updated since December....

Top   #3
Citizen

Bluefeet 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by martykens View Post
Thanks for your input Bluefeet! The card stock sounds heavenly. How recently did you purchase your deck? The social media pages for Curio & Co. haven't been updated since December....

I got mine from Curio & Co. when it first came out in late 2015, shipping did take a while from Austria as I recall, but everything eventually arrived safe and sound. Card stock aside, I also adore the extra Siren card, never seen anything like that in other decks - just an all around special production. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do!
Top   #4
Citizen

mrpants 
Citizen

This is a great find!
Top   #5
Citizen

martykens 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefeet View Post
I got mine from Curio & Co. when it first came out in late 2015, shipping did take a while from Austria as I recall, but everything eventually arrived safe and sound. Card stock aside, I also adore the extra Siren card, never seen anything like that in other decks - just an all around special production. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do!

I really like the Siren card too!
Thanks for the extra info on shipping etc; it was a bit pricey to have it sent to the US but I'm looking foreword to seeing it in person [emoji4]

Top   #6
Citizen

Metafizzypop 
Citizen

I love the word prognosticator.
Top   #7
Oraculist

Shade 
Oraculist

That's an attractive deck and I love the Marseille-esque approach to the coloring.
Top   #8
Resident

Spectre Made Flesh 
Resident

Looks fantastic. As well as the extra 'Siren' card, it's interesting to see that the Devil is named 'The Creature' instead - is there a specific reason for this, or is it just a quirky thing?
Top   #9
Citizen

EmpyreanKnight 
Citizen

That's the cutest, most benign-looking Devil I ever did see.
Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.