The Everyday Tarot - Poppy Palin

daphne

Great it will be published!
Schiffer was inspired to take this one, it is very interesting.

The Happy Squirrel

I don't usually like this aesthetic but I 'feel' the images tremendously. I agree with the others that the energy emanating from this deck is amazing.....

pickled pixie

I absolutely cannot wait for this deck to come out!! 😊....I've needed someone to translate tarot into more modern terms and I've learned more from her images in 5 minutes than 10 years of studying books!! :D

shadowdancer

I absolutely cannot wait for this deck to come out!! 😊....I've needed someone to translate tarot into more modern terms and I've learned more from her images in 5 minutes than 10 years of studying books!! :D

Well said :D

This deck is going to be an absolute breath of fresh air. And I am itching to get my hands on it.

AJ

that world card...as a fiber artist I just don't get what is going on. I've never seen knitters working on a joint project, and quilters use very small needles.

magpie9

that world card...as a fiber artist I just don't get what is going on. I've never seen knitters working on a joint project, and quilters use very small needles.

Im with you on that one. Lovely idea, but pretty confusing if you know anything about fibre arts. It really drives me nuts when they draw spinning wheels and looms that can't possibly work.

That said, I really do like this card.

BodhiSeed

I wonder if it's a nod to the International Council of Grandmothers, an indigenous group of female elders that focus on issues such as human rights and the environment:
http://www.grandmotherscouncil.org/

rwcarter

Im with you on that one. Lovely idea, but pretty confusing if you know anything about fibre arts. It really drives me nuts when they draw spinning wheels and looms that can't possibly work.

That said, I really do like this card.
As a knitter, it's technically possible for two people to work on different sections of the same piece of knitting, especially if both people know how to knit backwards instead of purl so the right side of the work is always facing them. The landscape is also technically possible to create using modified entrelac techniques. Knitters (and crocheters) often work individually to create small pieces that are then joined together into a larger piece, but I also haven't seen two knitters working on the same piece of the same time.

But I have no idea what the two women on the left or the woman on the right are doing.

Seems to me that it's a figurative image, not a literal one as the deer are way too small and the animals are on or above the landscape as it's being created. It's showing what can be created when we all work together in harmony.

(And I much prefer that image to the cliched comics image of knitting needles being held upside down to knit.)

Rodney

VGimlet

I like this deck a lot - glad to hear it will be published.

All I can say is - I hope they use the same card stock as they did for the Ring Cycle Tarot.

I know some people like the nearly indestructible laminated card stock they've used in other decks, but it sure kills to shuffle.

Scarlet Woodland

I like this deck a lot - glad to hear it will be published.

All I can say is - I hope they use the same card stock as they did for the Ring Cycle Tarot.

I know some people like the nearly indestructible laminated card stock they've used in other decks, but it sure kills to shuffle.

Agreed... haven't experienced that of the Ring Cycle but the recent Tarot D cardstock was beautiful. Fingers crossed they stick with it. Looking forward to this :)