Buckland Romani - Court Cards

LittleWing

Hi guys, i thought that i would just lump all the courts in the one thread - my reason for this is that i tend to look on each one with the same interpretation as is in my mind. the king of cups will always be a king of cups in my mind. therefore there is no need for great discussion on some of them.

but then there are those exceptions.-

the KING of SWORDS - now this card i find a little confusing. It seems to represent more than just the person, and the usual king/ ruler etc. As with the QUEEN of SWORDS (whom i see as his daughter, rather than his wife.) this is a deep card too.

what are your thoughts??

DarkElectric

Here's my question...Was he the King of Chives BEFORE he was the Emperor? Or, are the Kings one step down in the heirarchy, with the Emperor being the ultimate authority? I ask this because of the staff. It's the Emperor's power symbol. OR, it could be the representation of the power of masculinity, in the traditional sense.
Back in the old days, intellectual accumen was considered to be a male attribute. However, the Queen of Chivs is definitely a power figure too. Her intellegence is simply an obvious fact. Her intellect pierces directly to the heart of the matter. You wonder what secrets are hiding in the bottom of that crate, if any. She certainly won't tell you, you must investigate for yourself. I love the way these figures look you right in the eye, with a direct challenge.
And I agree, I think she's his daughter, not his wife.

LittleWing

Dark Electric - are you saying that the King of Knives is the same man as the Emperor / Justice? I dont think he is.

or do you mean - in his status? I suppose the kings are on the same level as the emperor - and there will only be one per tribe / family.

DarkElectric

No, he looks like a different guy. But what I wondered is...as we see the King of Chivs, are we looking at the NEXT Emperor? Is he planning on taking the job as soon as he can? Very ambitious, this King.

LittleWing

yes - he looks like he is up to something ...... he has something planned. He looks like a ruthless man.

The Queen of Knives - isn't quite right to me - she looks quite nieve - or is this just an act? She looks sweet, without the hard shell i assosiate with the queen of swords.

DarkElectric

She might be a little like Pandora, what with the open crate and all. Watch out!

LittleWing

ahhhh - thanks ....... sometimes i just cant find the words!!

well i must say that i am enjoying all the half naked men in these court cards!!! - esp page of wheels - haha

DarkElectric

Oooh! We have similar taste in handsome men, I see. These Roma lads usually have brothers. Let's divide em up! You take a few, and I will too ;)

LittleWing

haha - sounds good to me !! - where are the princesses / female pages ?? If they marry do they move to another family? - Im sure they marry within their own tribe. Or is there another reason for this? (Im sure other decks may have taken this approach?)

LittleWing

THE KNIGHTS

Well I go with the meaning of the Prince / Knight meaning travel and movement (when not a person) - but lets talk about them as people ..........

The Knight of Koros (cups) - Just by looking at his eyes you can see he is very emotional and intense. He is near water - and you see him pour water from the vessel, which shows that he can empty his emotions and feelings out easily - letting them flow out of him. He is in touch with nature and beauty - as you can clearly see by his horse's decoration. He looks troubled - like he is always thinking and conciously feeling. He takes affairs of the heart very seriously and if he is not thinking of his present love, he is obsessing or heartbroken by a past love, or dreaming of a future love. A romantic.

The Knight of Bolers (Pentacles/ Wheels) - This man is strong and practical. Rugged, outdoor type. He is full of energy and good health. It is in his nature to work - and in his daily work he is happy.

The Knight of Chivs (knives / swords) - He looks sad to me. He looks preoccupied - which he would have to be to ride bare topped in the snow!! - He almost looks like he has been taken over by his mental thoughts. He looks like he is 'going through the motions' - but not really present.

The Knight of Koshes (Staves/ wands) - he looks like a charmer. He is a powerful and strong man - both mentally and physically. He has charisma. He can make ideas into reality (he is doing what the pic behind him is). He is dominant - see his docile horse. He is enthusiastic about his skills and performance, and has a big ego.