a new group proposal

Yora

Thanks matey mahi!

I think something in the lines of that would be just fine. ;)
Tarot Techniques or New Tarot Techniques. Or if you want to go all out call it Cindy&The New Tarot Techniques! (Hey i can always try!:p)

Keigh

This potential "New Tarot (or Reading) Techniques" group sounds interesting! I would love to give it a try....I am struggling to branch out and get to know my cards in a more intimate and personal way....removing the need for predefined numbers of cards and spread layouts....so, please, count me in!

Keigh

TheLovers2

Yes, I am very interested.

Regarding my level of participation - well, one never knows. Much depends on the other things that are happening in my life and how often I can check in, but, I am quite interested in doing this. Also, factoring in is if and when I get any new ideas, but, I can certainly respond to posts.

One thing is for sure, this will be different in terms of contributing to it because it is not the study of a particular deck - card by card. It is somewhat nebulous, what and how we may all contribute. Other than the various ways of Reading without spreads, for instance, that some of us have already incorporated, we will probably be inspired to stretch a bit and our creative juices will be stimulated to flow. Goody! :)

Also, the doors will be open for new people to get involved and share their ideas.

I'm wondering how we will incorporate what we learn/hear. If we decide to try out a method given by a participant, then we will have to post about it in the Reading Exchange. Well, we could tell how it worked for us when we tried it, but, we couldn't, of course, post the Reading itself. Perhaps, we will have to find our way as we go along on all that.

I like the name "New Tarot Techniques," etc., but, does that address exactly what we're talking about? There are all sorts of techniques that are associated with Tarot, e.g., techniques for cleansing decks, techniques for Reading for Querents in person vs. over the phone, etc. My concern is that it may be too vague. We might use "New Tarot-Reading Techniques."

My suggestion for a title is, "The No-Spread-Read" Study Group; (could eliminate the word "The.") but, that's just me.

Anyway, count me in. How will we decide on a name for the Group? Will it be by vote or what? Pehaps, it really doesn't matter much.

My $1.50 cents worth.

TL2 :TLOVE

mahimaisme

keigh!
welcome :)

lewen, glad you joined yoo :)

TL2...the name, i guess should be by vote...
so far we have

tarot techniques
reading techniques study group
no-spread-read study group
new tarot techniques
and
cindy :p

let's see.... "no spread read"...would be one dimension, but wouldn't be only thing. for example, we could be discussing adding depth to cards even in spread readings. so no, i won't vote for that.
"tarot techniques"....maybe too general. so no for that as well...
um...sorry for all the rambles but i'm really thinking...and it takes me time :p lol.
um......

i'll vote for:

reading techniques study group

:D

mahimaisme

just brainstorming

speaking of the name....i'm just brainstorming here some of the major things we already have in mind to deal with...perhaps just start of one ongoing thread for each....

reading without spreads

missing cards and other techniques using the whole deck regardless of which cards come up

one-the-spot modifications to use during readings

...that's all my early morning brain can come up with...will add as i think of them!!

feel free to add/discuss anything!

:)

mahima.

Alta

Hi, I would like to join this group, as I find reading techniques to be interesting. I have a few to share with others and would be glad to participate in discussions and read comments, ideas and thoughts of others.

Marion

Sophie

I'd love to join - although I am a bit tied up for the next week or so.

baba-prague

I'd also be interested. I'm aware that my way of reading has evolved quite a lot in the last couple of years, it would be interesting to share ideas and experiences.

mahimaisme

welcome all!! :D
i'm so happy to see this picking up :)
i look forward to all the learning! (as you can see, i've got yora's smiley bug! :p)
any more votes on the name?
m

Sophie

Zany Reading Group
Fortune-Telling Follies
Experimental Reading
Improv' and More Reading
Scat Reading
The Fool's Parlour Reading Group