Your interpretations of the cards.

Phoebe

I have been reading for a very long time, and I have only used the Thoth deck, I like it far more than other decks I have seen and tried. I was wondering what everyone else's interpretations of the cards are?

You don't have to explain every card, though it would be interesting and helpful, but your favorite or least favorite cards, etc. :)

Thanks in advance!

Abrac

The way I understand it, Crowley's Tarot was supposed to sum up the entirety of his life's work and philosophy. We are lucky to have it. I'm also very glad Frieda Harris was the one to paint it. I like all the cards really, I can't think of anything about this deck I dislike.

balenciaga

I did not like the deck at all at first, due mostly to the artwork, but in time it has become my most trustworthy and reliable deck. So I agree with you, Phoebe.

manda78

I love, love, love the Thoth and cant really use any Rider-Waite type decks anymore. There is just something different about Thoth and Thoth based decks that appeals to me. Plus, they seem to be more complex than other decks, although I could think that just because I havent used Rider Waites extensivly. As a matter of fact, the last Rider-Waite deck I bought I gave to my 8 year old son. :D
Manda

Lillie

I always use this deck.

I think the Star is the most beautiful card ever made, but the fool has a nose like a pig...

isthmus nekoi

I find that with the lack of people in the pips, it is easier to feel the "energy" of the Thoth cards for lack of a better word. I feel less pinned in with no human story. I had a hard time with the courts until I started thinking about what the watery part of water (Queen of Cups) would feel like etc.

Also, reading stuff on the Qabbalah has helped me.

I don't have any fave cards and don't particularly like the style of art for the human figures in the majors, although I love the colours used. I like the pips much more, esp the cups. Ace of cups, pure emotion. 5, 6, 7, 8 of cups, always dead easy to feel. Ace of discs, gorgeous.

Texas Tarot

You know, I never really fancied the deck until I learned the meanings of the astrological glyphs. Now I think it is fantastic. My understanding and use of this deck amplifies and empowers my knowledge of other decks, such as the RWS.

Brad

s810

Others are shallow

All other Tarot collections seem extremely shallow and limited. Each time you meditate upon a Thoth card, you will go deeper into your understanding of the universe. I believe that the people who do not like the Thoth deck (or who fear it) are not willing to put forth the required effort to understand it. You get out what you put in.

chriske

There are many things that I admire about the Thoth deck, not least the artwork although I accept that it is a matter of taste. I love the wonderful interpretation of the "traditional" cards such as "The Empress".

I originally found all the new cards challenging. "Art" is a big favourite and extremely complex on several levels. There was a wonderful explanation of the card on this forum a few weeks back. "The Aeon" is also a wonderful painting and is a fascinating concept.

I have a large collection of Tarot cards that sadly nowadays just sit in a large box. Since I started reading Crowley, I found I don't need anything else.

Elen Sian

I was always wary of the Thoth Deck thinking that I couldn't understand it or had a mind block towards it. I tried to draw a daily card and this didn't work because I couldn't read it.

I went on a short Thoth course and this helped me immensely. I never read for myself and have very few readings done for me. Some of the exercises asked us to meditate on a card and were invaluable at helping me to overcome what was hindering me. With the tutors FB I realised that Thoth was breaking down internal walls that I had built to protect myself from the past.

I drew the 5 of Swords regularly and got to hate it. When I focused on it during meditation (and after researching the symbolism) I realised that it was infact a very cool card with immense depth and understanding to what I was feeling at the time. Now, I am not afraid to draw a daily card and try to use Thoth for readings if I can.

I still look at the 8 of Swords and think of Angel and his weapons cabinet..lol!

Elen