Little Essay Towards Truth -Love

Always Wondering

Uote

Aeon418 said:
But how are we supposed to know which possibilities/aspects of the goddess we are to unite with/Love at any one time? Our mind, the ego, does not have the answer. But the god within, represented by Hadit, knows what to do. (Love under Will) Unfortunately the human ego is very good at ignoring this inner guidance and makes life decisions based on petty whims, fears, ignorance, and "lust of result". The key is to get the mind out of the way for a while, so that the inner guidance can be heard and the possibilities, in harmony with your own nature (True Will), can be experienced. Love is the law, love under will.
Yes, this was the question I was getting at.

You two have given me a lot to think about. I'm still reading and following references and buying a new book or two. :)

Similia said:
I find that fascinating and exciting. You start the best threads AW!

It is so cool to talk about these things with such thoughtful and intelligent people. I try to ask good questions. :|

AW

ravenest

Lover ... if thou wilt, depart.

Just had a 'love blow up'.

'She' insists that hate is part of love (because she spacked out and told me she hates me). I do not agree, love (at least my version of it) is pure and has nothing to do with hate. She says if you cant hate, then you cant love ????

I disagree, I still refuse to let anything pollute my love (its rather sacred to me).

She does all this stuff to get me to hate her ... but I dont. Of course we can't carry on like this ... plain silly. So we departed. In time I hope to be able to help her.

'She' has been hanging out with a 'sannyassin' - that could be where it comes from.

Some women (and men ... okay I'll admit it, but SOME women!) seem to be just led along to wherever their emotional needs lead them.

(I thought the woman 'was' a Thelemite? I guess it is a little hard ... all this work on the self and trying to evolve.)

But I cant see at all, how equating love with hate helps anyone ???

Always Wondering

I don't think I will be much help Ravenest. But to say I'm sorry. I don't get this love/hate stuff either. I even tried to hate a man, because I didn't want to love him anymore. It didn't work.
I could see, as mentioned earlier, that I hated myself for loving him. Maybe she is just hating herself right now. Women do that, if I am any example.

Wish I could be more help.
Take care of yourself.

AW

Aeon418

Lets start off with a quote from the essay itself.
This formula of Love is universal; all the laws of Nature are its servitors.
OK then. Love is a universal principle. It is Change brought about by the union of opposites.
Love may best be defined as the passion of Hatred inflamed to the point of madness, when it takes refuge in Self-destruction.
Lets bring this down to the human level. When we become attracted to someone, what exactly is happening? Two people see in each other qualities they feel they are deficient in. Each sees in the other something they feel they don't have in their seperate state. This generates intense feelings of yearning for the "other". But this all comes from a sense of inadequacy and dissatisfaction with yourself. If this weren't so, you wouldn't need to look outside of yourself for fulfilment in the arms of another person. You could almost say that you hate your current individual state of existence. The only remedy is annihilation of this state of dissatisfaction through union with the other.
The passion of Hatred is thus really directed against oneself; it is the expression of the pain and shame of separateness; and it only appears to be directed against the opposite by psychological transference. This thesis the School of Freud has made sufficiently clear.
But what happens when you can't have the object of your desire? The feelings and longings won't go away. And yet you still can't have them. Through the psychological process of projection the "other" can become a tortuous object of hate. Union may be impossible. But what about destruction? Most crimes of passion revolve around this.

ravenest

Aeon418 said:
Lets bring this down to the human level. When we become attracted to someone, what exactly is happening? Two people see in each other qualities they feel they are deficient in. Each sees in the other something they feel they don't have in their seperate state. This generates intense feelings of yearning for the "other".

But it isnt like that for me. I am not looking for someone to fulfill my deficiencies, as much as I cannot fill theirs. I'm looking for two individuals (me and another) to dance together within their own orbits. I dont believe in 'soul mates' or the need to connect with a particular person to make myself whole. I'm looking for people who are working on their own wholeness within themselves, then two free spirits come together ... not two halves of the one whole.

In relationships our deficiencies are more apparent, each can help the other to find it within, but to supply that person with their deficiency is just creating a crutch. What if your partner dies? What if they leave? Then it creates a continual cycle of partners that cant give you what you 'need'?

Aeon418

ravenest said:
But it isnt like that for me.
I never said it was either. My remarks were aimed at the "average" person who only looks outside of themselves, not knowing that what they seek is really within.

How about instead of "other person", read HGA? ;)

ravenest

Always Wondering said:
I don't think I will be much help Ravenest. But to say I'm sorry. I don't get this love/hate stuff either. I even tried to hate a man, because I didn't want to love him anymore. It didn't work.
I could see, as mentioned earlier, that I hated myself for loving him. Maybe she is just hating herself right now. Women do that, if I am any example.

Wish I could be more help.
Take care of yourself.

AW

Thanks ... its okay ... par for the course. (Of course, she came back and said she didnt really mean that, it was just an 'outburst' ... hmmmmm. I see it more as a feeling of wretchedness at letting the emotions and hormones cause an uncontrollible reaction.)

Some people think I am a bit nuts but at the end of the day (sunset Resh) I can honestly experience the joy of WHATEVER lesson I learned that day (agony or ecstacy) and the gratitude to be alive to experience it. (Even though at the time - before sunset- of the occurence I might be quackin' & cursin'. ;) )

It isn't about NOT feeling the things ... of course we all FEEL - its about processing those feelings and eventually creating an appropriate RESPONSE ... not just blindly REACTING.

ravenest

Aeon418 said:
How about instead of "other person", read HGA? ;)

Still cant see the 'hate' with HGA. I dont need to hate myself to develop, evolve or blend with a person or HGA. Maybe what I think hate is is something different from what others think?

Aeon418

ravenest said:
Do you think Crowley's remarks (your quotes above) are for the 'average person'?
That's who the Little Essays were aimed at.

ravenest

Dho !!!

Aeon418 said:
That's who the Little Essays were aimed at.
Is that in the intro, or is it because of the 'type' (or I should say 'class'?) of publication ... damn, I've been caught out like that before! Check the CLASS of publication Ravenest!!!