BookCrossing - Wonderful site!

Hedera

Take a look at www.bookcrossing.com

I'm not sure it is entirely appropriate to post about this here (if not, moderator, I don't mind if you delete this), but when I did a search for 'tarot', about 70 titles came up....

People sending decks out, even! :D

You can 'release' books into the wild, see them travel all over the world, read comments from people who find your book, and hunt for books other people have released.

I think it's a wonderful idea!

I had already posted about this in the chat forum, but that is only accessible to subscribers, and I thought it might be interesting for other members, too.

Ok, I'll shut up about this site now, I promise... ;)

skytwig

Thanks, Hedera! That is my kind of site. I love "gifting" stuff away! Annnnd, I have many, many book that I was going to 'sell' for FREE in my next yard sale.

This makes it even more fun, and what is better than MORE fun?! :laugh:

jmd

Personally, I think it's a wonderful idea - if anyone finds of 'gives' a Tarot book, maybe also make a mention here - and see if an Aeclectician picks it up!

darwinia

Sometimes Trades as Well

One of my library patrons goes here a lot and apparently you can also do straight trades on books although I wasn't able to find such a function. I think perhaps during discussions with community members you can set up private trades, much like this forum.

I'd rather see that my books got a good home myself than releasing them to random fate, I'd worry about the little fellows.

little

I'm a bookcrosser- several fruitless releases, but one completely random release- left on the table at Fazoli's- found an appreciative home, and it was a thrill.

I love bookcrossing.

Ruby Red Slippers

Hedera - :) :) :)

You get many karmic coins for sharing this site :D

I sent it to all my friends...What a fabulous idea.....I just think it is the best.

I was cracking up when I looked in my area and saw where some of the books have ben left..LOL

Just wanted to say I wrote to them and told them I heard about it from the Netherlands......hands across the world...:)

Lets read more and fight less...YES!

Ruby Red Slippers

skysilver

Seems like a good website.

I am going to check it out.... Thanks, Hedera :) :CL

Le_Corsair

What Fun!

Thanks, Hedera! I joined, because I'm always wondering what to do with surplus books that clog my shelves, and now I know!

Bob :THERM

:CL :OL :WL :SL

HeidiAussie

*S*

I'm a member!
I joined after 'catching' a book on horsemanship at a Good Sammaritans shop in Fremantle, Western Australia. That one needs to be re-released (any horse fanatics here?) and I bought new a v.cheap copy of Harry Potter 2 to release also.

It is great fun to be on the look out for 'suitable' books to release!

Cheers,
Heidi Aussie

Molly

I think it's wonderful you shared this, it reminds me of that excited feeling I would get during my childhood trips to the library... I don't think I would have found this site by myself, so I'm off to share it with people I know!