The Forest of Souls

BlueLotus

Hi anyone,
I am not aware of a thread for Rachel Pollack's book . But while I am waiting for the book to arrive , I would like to get a sneak peek at it from anyone who have read it...
So, has anyone read this book?
Your opinions are much appreciated.
Is there a thread on this forum for the same?

Thea Lynx

Is this an updated version of Forest of Souls? I read it over a year ago and liked it immensely - the theme of Thoth's gamble to get the five extra days in the year, and Rachel's use of the Tarot to answer some very deep questions kept my attention. Definitely not a "how to" book about tarot, but more of an exploration of the way it provides awareness and guidance. You won't be disappointed.

Thea

baba-prague

I'm reading it right now. In bits, I have to say. It isn't the sort of book you read fast at a sitting. I'm finding it good - it definitely gives some whole new ways of considering the cards. Like all of Rachel Pollack's books it's well written too, and feels thoughtful and well researched.

Now I'm off to look at those other threads!

Diana

I loved the Forest of Souls. The first three or four chapters, that is. After that, I found it so boring that I didn't bother to finish it. I sent to Kiama as a gift once.

But lots of people rave about it.

poivre

I have read parts of it but found it to intense. I like to read fun, easy reading books. I went through it fast just picking up on a few things. I'm sure it is a good but ...

Imagemaker

I found this book fascinating, like the older threads said. Her approach is thorough, deep, and has a very different angle from other thorough, deep tarot books :)

Not one to be read quickly or just once!

Alta

Hi, since this is a about a book rather than decks, I thought that I would move it to the Books and Media Section. Leaving a re-direct in Decks though so interested folks can still find it. Marion

lawguy51

The best non-howto book I've ever read on the subject of Tarot. I think I'd like to read it again, now that I am much more familiar with the Shining Tribe deck. At the time, I was just starting to gain a grasp of the RWS imagery and I had no idea where Rachel was coming from with her deck. Now, having been taught by her and owning the deck (it still gives me fits), I'd definitely like to read it again. Highly recommended.

LG51

Summerdream

Hi!

I just bought this book yesterday after reading some of the reviews. What fascinated me was how someone mentioned she shows different angles to things. I look forward to reading it.

Momof3girls:)