I wanna Learn EVERYTHING!

ol_crazy_Legs

Im looking for a good book for intermidait Tarot reading, sence i plan to buy a book soon. Any suggestions?

Moonbow

Hi crazy ol legs

I started off with Tarot Plain and Simple by Anthony Louis
ISBN: 1567184006

He uses the Robin Wood deck to illustrate the cards (which I don't have) but the book is really good. He covers the usual history bit about Tarot and even gives some examples of readings he did in his research. Its a nice book.

I think probably any by Rachel Pollack would be a good start too. Why don't you have a look at the list the top of this forum for ideas.

Moonbow*

HudsonGray

Tarot for Beginners is also very good, AND 78 Degrees of Wisdom is one you'll keep for future reference. Both are for the Rider Waite style decks.

Le_Corsair

Before delving into books, why not try reading the article The Process by Dan Pelletier on the main page of Aeclectic? It's brilliant and well-written, and explores the intuitive side of tarot, which is not often covered in books.

Bob :THERM

Macavity

Though I like my hardcore correspondence and "systemy" books, I've probably spent more time recently reading "Tarot for Yourself" by Mary K Greer. Not that I approve of ALL these new-agey ideas <joking> but it's certainly much food for thought? :p

Macavity

Orion

Tarot Plain and Simple is a worthwhile purchase! I bought this book quite some time ago and it was (so far) one of the best Tarot books I have every come across! I use it all the time!

Umbrae

The Forest of Souls - a walk through the tarot

by Rachel Pollack

Indigo Rose

Moonbow* said:
Hi crazy ol legs

I started off with Tarot Plain and Simple by Anthony Louis
ISBN: 1567184006

He uses the Robin Wood deck to illustrate the cards (which I don't have) but the book is really good. He covers the usual history bit about Tarot and even gives some examples of readings he did in his research. Its a nice book....

Moonbow*

Ditto!
Indigo Rose

HOLMES

YES I HEAR YOU OLD DADY CRAZY LEGS

here is a list of advanced books .

tarot symbolism,
mediations on the christian tarot (that is one big huge book and it is so hard to get into,,, I LOVE IT EHEH ).

for astrology ,
astrology and the pursuit of destiny ,

for numerology
numerology and the keys to the tarot,

for qabbalah ,
qablisitic tarot by robert wang,
tarot of the sephiroth ,
tarot of cermonional magick .
golden dawn magical tarot .
chicken qabbalah.
archtypes on the tree of life
cannon reed bless her soul goddess, witches tarot, and the witches cabalah and witches tarot book which has some pagan qabbalah in it and very useful for intermediate.
tarot and the tree of life, every day wisdom in the minor arcana.

for psychology and tarot,
jungian tarot and its archtypal imagery(which is coming my way thanks meewah ) .
jungian tarot and its handbook.
jungian tarot and the way of life.

tarot and philosphy
oso zen tarot,
oso zen tarot book .

tarot and spirituality:.
tarot awareness,
living the tarot,
rabbis tarot,

dont forget special issues in the tarot as well,
tarot reversals by mary k greer,
tarot reversals by joan bunning ( i have't read that one yet )
the tarot court cards
court cards of the tarot by mary k greer in april.
tarot card combinations

i have to say dont' forget the advanced toth tarot.
be sure to get the vibrant toth tarot deck ( that is the one that isnt green for green thoth is to be avoid like the plague,
i am under the impression that the one by agm in the white box is better and more vibrant then the other thoth that is not greenish ) .
the lon milo book on the thoth tarot , that is essential for understanding it , for crowley work is very advanced.
the toth book itself written by crowley,
the arriens book on the thoth as well.

there is an advanced book out there called tarot and individuation , which deals with alchemy as well but i dont' have that one.

there is of course books i have't read , and if you can read french you have all the old school books on the marsielles which isnt' avaible to us english speaking fools :O) .
i think that is why there is the french school and the english school who worship the golden dawn ,
but we dont realize that the marsielles was the main source deck for the golden dawn , and the golden dawn was the main source deck for crowley and waite tarot.
and these are influence every deck out there.
so in a sense the marsielles is the grandaddy of them all. (just cant' stand to look at it eheh )

edited to add,
i still read 78 degrees now and then for pollack looks at things from a picture view coming from mythology and other symbolism in her book.

you might want to look at the second book by mary k greer about mandalas,
and then look at my own thread called my major tarot realizations which deals with numerology and tarot arcana. :O)

edited further to add ,
umbrae had already mentioned forest of souls ,
and i didnt' reccomend no books that i didnt' really look into or have , that is why i didnt' reccomend the tarot for dummies, the tarot plain and simple or the tarot for beginners by joan bunnings.
daddy, there is torot books beings reviewed all the time on our own aeclectic, tarot passages and there is still a tarot book information on wicces tarot (though she hasn't updated it in two years one of the great tradegies our age)