The Heart of the Tarot: Two-Card Layout

Laura Borealis

Does anyone here have this book:

The Heart of the Tarot : The Two-Card Layout: Easy, Fast, and Insightful by Sandra A. Thomson and Robert E. Mueller

(Note: this is not the book with a similar title by Amber K.)

I saw it in a store the other day, but didn't have time to look through it like I wanted to. I looked here for reviews or references, but didn't find anything about this book. Sandra A. Thomson seems respected for her Tarot dictionary, though.

The book's focus is on the central two cards in the Celtic Cross layout, the "heart" of the reading. On a quick flip-through, it looked like something that would be useful to me, though the paper it's printed on is that really cheap quality (a minor detail perhaps but it does bother me).

Has anyone seen it? Any thoughts?

Imagemaker

I have it--a rather quick read with one point, that you can reduce all readings to the "situation" card and the "challenge" (what crosses you) card.

That's the "heart of the tarot" for them. It was a useful way to remember to do 2-card readings. I don't think it was worth buying, actually. They had a nice writing style and I had a weak moment.

Laura Borealis

Hmm, if you can summarize it in one sentence, maybe I will skip it! :laugh: I did notice that the bulk of the book was the meaning-for-each-card section, and I already have that in other books.

I'll probably get her tarot symbol dictionary instead. Looks more useful to me...

Thank you muchly. :)

Imagemaker

the bulk of the book was the meaning-for-each-card section

So many tarot books are this way. Keeps my shelf clear for more decks!

CreativeFire

laura_borealis said:
Does anyone here have this book:

The Heart of the Tarot : The Two-Card Layout: Easy, Fast, and Insightful by Sandra A. Thomson and Robert E. Mueller

(Note: this is not the book with a similar title by Amber K.)

Hi laura_borealis

I didn't realise that there were two books with the same title "Heart of the Tarot". I have the one by Amber K & Azrael Arynn - An Intuitive Approach. Found the gestalt method interesting reading.

This makes sense now when I have read some posts on what must be the other "Heart of the Tarot" - and thought gee I will have to re-read that book again (sometimes takes me a couple of goes for it to sink in) - I didn't recognise anything LOL

CreativeFire