Video or Book?

Kilates

Im Novice at the Tarot i just started about a month ago but ive grew up with it all my life. I currently bought the The Original Rider Waite Tarot Pack from Amazon.com, it comes with the book in it do you think i should get the Joan Bunning book "Learning the Tarot: A Tarot Book for Beginners"??? Theres also a video its called "Rider - Waite: Learning To Read the Tarot Intuitively"should i get one? Im very confused on how to start out. Or do you think i should just stay with the Rider-Waite pack that i bought with the book and that would help me enough. Write back.

Im knew to the forum my name is Joel nice to meet you all

lark

Hi Joel nice to meet you too!

You can't go wrong with Joan's book it's great for beginners and based on Rider Waite.
I have never bought a tarot video before so I can't help you with that, but someone might come along who has.

Also if you go here~ www.aeclectic.net/tarot/basics

You'll find a ton of insight on the cards.
You can even print it out.

If you haven't already go on over to the New Members Fourm and introduce yourself.
Lots of nice people to meet.

Good luck on your journey! :)

Kilates

Hey Lark nice to meet you. i went to the link and its not working it says.

"404 File Not Found

You have followed an outdated link, typed the address incorrectly,
or tried to visit a page that just doesn't exist."

That seemed like a really cool link to look into.

Thanks for helping me out i apriciate it.

lark

Humm thats funny I just tried it and it worked fine.
Give it another try...
If it doesn't work go to the "Using Tarot Cards" Forum
And click on Tarot Basics.
You should be able to see it from there.

Tarotmyst

Kilates,

Are you aware that Joan Bunning has a website? If i'm correct, it is the complete book you mention online.
http://www.learntarot.com/

EminemsAngelBaby

Yes,
The entire book is also on the website.....she is very generous. I'm new to tarot as well and Joan's site was very helpful. Also "Tarot for Yourself" by Mary Greer is full of useful and creative excercises to help you get to know the cards. I just picked it up the other day and I love it. It blends structure with intution beautifully. There is an interview on her and her approach to the tarot under the books and media forum. Welcome to AT:).

Edited to add Duh!! I just noticed this is the books and media forum!! MMMMMM......Donuts.....