which thoth deck contains the 3 magician (magus) cards?

crystal dawn

Hi everyone
I have recently read in a book of mine that all thoth decks published after 1969 contain 3 magician (magus) cards and was wondering if anyone knew which thoth deck contains the three magician (magus) cards, i have seen 3 different size decks on the market which are the standard size, the thoth mini deck and the large deck - i know the large deck contains only one magician (magus) card.

blessings

crystal dawn

Parzival

Which Thoth Deck Contains The 3 Magicians

Only this one referred to by Sulis has the 3 Magus cards:ISBN 0-88079-308-2.

crystal dawn

Thankyou both for that info, i shall keep an eye open for them. it certainly has made things alot easier having the isbn number.

blessings

crystal dawn

Etteilla

Thoth with the three kings(magi)

Thank you all for the information. It's on my wish list.
Etteilla

sharpchick

So which Magus do you prefer to read with?

Mayet

Interesting enough my deck has two called the magus and one called the magician....

Is that the same as everyone elses with the three in the deck???

wandking

I don't read with that deck but I lean toward the Mercury-like version of Magus in my Thoth deck, which offers 3 versions. I wish my deck also had the neat symbol card in other Thoth decks... What does the symbol represent?

Annabelle

sharpchick said:
So which Magus do you prefer to read with?
I leave all three Magus cards in the deck, as suggested by Gerd Ziegler in Tarot: Mirror of the Soul. In that book, he also suggests meanings/interpretations of each of the Magus cards. It's a great book, especially if you are doing readings for yourself and/or using the cards for meditation.

Niamhcelticmist

The three cards

Annabelle4 said:
I leave all three Magus cards in the deck, as suggested by Gerd Ziegler in Tarot: Mirror of the Soul. In that book, he also suggests meanings/interpretations of each of the Magus cards. It's a great book, especially if you are doing readings for yourself and/or using the cards for meditation.

I think its up to how you feel. I just got this deck and the book that I am reading..Keywords for the Crowley Tarot by Hajo Banzaf and Brigitte Theler...states that the other two cards were rejected by Crowley and were never meant to be printed ...but now the above quote makes sense to me....I intend to take a look at that book now..Thanks!