which thoth deck contains the 3 magician (magus) cards?

lupo138

3 magoi

the more recent editions do not have 3 but just 1 magician. this made the older decks rather special. Personally I would not triple one card in a reading, just choose one out of the three.

Aeon418

lupo138 said:
the more recent editions do not have 3 but just 1 magician.
Yes they do. The particular useless freebies you get with the current Thoth editions depends on which size you buy. With the large and mini sizes you get the hexagram card and an OTO card. Neither of which are part of the deck. With the regular size Thoth you get the extra 2 magus cards. Again, neither of which are part of the deck.

Lillie

wandking said:
I don't read with that deck but I lean toward the Mercury-like version of Magus in my Thoth deck, which offers 3 versions. I wish my deck also had the neat symbol card in other Thoth decks... What does the symbol represent?

It is the unicursal hexagram.

I use it in readings though not everyone does.
You have to find your own meaning for it, but there are a good few threads where people tell you what their meanings are.

The best description I ever heard was that it meant a nexus of magical power.

Which is pretty much how I see it, though I never managed to put it that succinctly

fyreflye

The AG Müller 1986 printing of the Large Thoth had two printings, one with the OTO card and the Unicursal Hexagram; and one with the Three Magi and no OTO or UH cards. I got both on eBay; as far as I can tell there's no way to distinguish which edition is which just from looking at the box.

Aeon418

fyreflye said:
The "pocket" AG Müller, stil in print, also contains the three wise guys.
That's odd. I bought a pocket AG Müller not long ago, but didn't get the three stooges. Just the Uni-Hex and a rather nice misprint on the the 8 of Swords. :laugh:

fyreflye

Aeon418 said:
That's odd. I bought a pocket AG Müller not long ago, but didn't get the three stooges. Just the Uni-Hex and a rather nice misprint on the the 8 of Swords. :laugh:

I just rechecked the deck and found I'd been hallucinating. Only one Magus and the UH and OTO in place; no misprint on the 8 of Swords, though.

Aeon418

fyreflye said:
no misprint on the 8 of Swords, though.
That's what I thought too. Until I spotted it. :laugh:

ravenest

Ressurected thread reminded me : Whatever happened to Frank Hall?