Crowley Auction - The Moon

Alta

The site is called Disinformation. ?? Does that mean everything published on it is not correct?

thinbuddha

I kinda doubt that..... I think it's ironic humor (the site name)

At any rate, I came across that site from a google search, so I have no previous experience with the site in question. I also haven't been able to find another source to confirm this story (note the March date of the article, and the lack of any info as to WHO is auctioning the painting, or WHERE).

So..... I guess it could be a hoax, but I really doubt it.

Aeon418

The provenance of that particular painting is a little uncertain. It definitely looks like Crowley's style to me and even reminds me of some of the artwork Crowley used to decorate a ritual manuscript called Liber Pyramidos. But some people claim it's a fake. No one had heard of this painting before and Crowley never mentions painting it in his diaries. On top of that I believe that some guy called Joel Birocco claimed that he painted it.

prudence

Hi

I don't know anything about this painting, but, I have a few books by Disinformation Company Ltd. They put out books, and did have a TV series on the BBC (I think it was BBC, it was on in the UK, in the 90's). Some of the books are political, some are occult...very edgy and hip. It was actually the book, Book of Lies, The Disinformation Guide to Magick and the Occult, that helped me to get "over" my anti-Crowley feelings, and shortly after, I got the Thoth deck. :) (it's a compilation of essays by famous occultists and writers etc)