Aleister crowley's Big-screen play split from 'Aleister Crowley Thoth Deck' thread

Nocturnal Lure

Well there have been rumours of a movie about Crowley's life for some time now.

Dean

I have just had some more information on this film, and as confirmed that the Revolt of the Magician should be released between 2006 - 07 the film had problems with script changes

The role of Aleister Crowley - is to remain a secret untill the films release. I was also told that the film will include an Original Tarot deck called the Sangreal, which is a very rare copy of the Thoth deck that was used in the film.

Lillie

Crowley would never have seen a Sangrall version of the Thoth.

He was dead by the time it was made.

Dean

U.k

Hi Lillie,
Thats interesting i was told that the film as a rare Tarot deck shown whether this is a sort of History thing in the film after his Death I assume.

Lillie

Films never get stuff right anyway.

I hope they make him sexy. Cos he was, sort of.

Dean

U.k

Which Actor could take on A.C.

Who would be your leading actor for the role of Aleister crowley, i was thinking someone with the same humour and wit as stephen fry, crowley had a wicked sense of humour.

Grigori

Did anyone check out the company making this film... I did and am very afraid this movie is gonna suck :( Also having a secret actor play Crowley, is kind of worrying... Please let it not be someone left over from a reality TV show they did earlier :( :( :( (yes I am feeling pessimistic today :D)

Dean

U.k

My guess is that the film company will try and make money out of it, they said that the response from the public was incredible. So i guess they may put some effort into this film.

ShekinahMoon

Deanres said:
Hi Lillie,
Who would be your leading man for the role of Aleister crowley, i was thinking someone with the same humour and wit as stephen fry, i think crowley had a wicked sense of humour.

Johnny Depp would be my choice. At one point I would have thought Depp could not pull off the flamboyancy, wit and piercing truth of Crowley but after seeing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory I know Depp could pull it off.