Trimmed Thoth.

Moonbow

There's a fun thread about this where Little Baron (formerly Yaboot) trims a Thoth, I think he was the first one to do it on this forum.... or at least post about it and show photos. It's a fun read but also he shows photos of the trimmed decks and the backs which may be useful for those considering it.

Oh, and I have a trimmed one now, sent to me by Mercenary30 but I still cannot bring myself to cut a deck myself.

I've just got both decks out and re-looked at them. The Thoth is not a regular deck for reading for me, so I would like to know what the experience Thoth readers think would be best for a newbie before they go off and trim their decks. Surely the the symbols on the Majors (Hebrew, Astro etc) and the keywords on the Minors would help a someone new to the deck to understand the Crowley system. Let alone identify some of the pips.

So, the thread I mentioned:

Got My Scissors Out Again - this time, the THOTH gets it!

maciader

like the white part?

Scion

Exactly. A lot of people prefer the artwork of the deck unbounded by the aribtrary white/neutral borders that make mass-market printing so much easier.

RubyV

If you click on the link on the prior page, you can find threads where people discuss the pros and cons of modifying decks.

Trimming decks gets addictive. :D