Cleansing and charging your cards

Glitterbird

I keep a highly scented candle in the box that I keep my cards. The box is rather large so I can store about 4 decks in their bags with the candle. Makes everything smell fabulous. But I don't cleanse them. I figure they are paper and ink. Energies good and bad may soak into me, but not my cards. I'm the one needing cleansing and charging HAHA

nisaba

I just shuffle them briefly before and after use, and all my decks feel fabulous. Not an issue. Really.

Jenlah R.

I have cleansed my cards with incense/sage smoke a few times, I have so many decks of Tarot/Oracle that to cleanse them all would be a major chore! lol I keep them in my bedroom on my dresser when not in use, I do carry a deck with me at all times in my purse along with a few stones (ie: quartz, apache tear, amethyst ect...) the feeling I get from my cards (generally all of them) is that they like to travel and go where I go, if that's to my locker at work or sitting in my car they really don't mind. I allow others to touch my cards and love to read for new people, it seems they love information from all and center with my energy at the core. I have let close friends use my cards to read for me as well, which hasn't seemed to bother them at all.

Grizabella

I see no reason whatsoever to cleanse or recharge my cards. They're paper and ink. The magic is in me. I cleanse and recharge myself every day. And I wear lapis. Especially a lapis ring but I have several lapis pieces.

exmuse

I heard that waving the cards through incense smoke was a good way of cleansing them but do you fan the cards out, do them one at a time, just hold the deck, stacked, above the smoke?

I wouldn't advise that... Lol. I attempted to clean my deck for the first time using a sage smudge. My family ended up evacuating the house because they couldn't handle the smoke and smell! They were also not too pleased with mom's newfound affinity with New Agey expressionism! Just getting in touch with my Native American roots. They don't get it. Yeah, there's got to be a better way that doesn't leave my family running for the hills. But then again, that might not such be a bad thing. I'd have the house to myself ;)

keep them in a wooden box with a lapizlasuli stone, which is said to be the stone for psycic power... and comunication....

I need to put my decks in a box or something... I kinda leave them lying around which I'm embarrassed to say. I feel I'm not giving them proper respect. I thought of wrapping them in silk - that seems too sloppy though... Any ideas for containers?

I just shuffle them briefly before and after use, and all my decks feel fabulous. Not an issue. Really.

I like this ^. I can handle it. Yes. I think I can. :)

Btw: does anyone know of any incense or candle that don't smell too much? I'm looking for something to help me gain mental clarity when reading and meditating. Someone suggested I use frankenscence. I tried it once. It seems okay. Please PM me with ideas or I'll post this elsewhere. Thanks!

Good thread - helpful