General Oracles Study Group: Week #1

MagsStardustBlack

I will be posting here over the weekend when I get some time to myself. What a fantastic start to the month already. I'll be using Frouds Faeries. Looking forward to reading all the posts soon xx

Winterchild

Great kmartin60...!! Now I am wondering if I should use a different deck since we have Heart of Faery and Faery already represented and we are sure to get a couple more Faery people!!

Hmmmm......I might...let me ponder this...but then I'll have to re-introduce my deck...hehehehe.

Don't get me wrong it doesn't really matter except a variety might be nice....and I have some decks just lingering...while I work a lot with the fae.

Its nice to have variety but also nice to share thoughts... I guess as we work through we will see all sides!! My biggest problem is deciding which deck to use!!! I am trying to choose between:

Well Worn & Hidden Path
Druid Plants & Animals
Mystic Art Medicine Cards
Oracle of the Dragonfae

Anyone want to choose for me :)

I havent got the Faeries oracles yet or I would be very tempted!! All thanks to KMartin :)

DragonFae

Yes you are right...but here's how I've decided to let it fall...

I'm going to a neat shop this weekend....if I happen across a oracle that calls to me...I will buy it and use it....otherwise I will use the Faeries Oracle for this first quarter of study and switch after three months.

hehehehe....can you see how my mind is working....an excuse to buy a deck if I see one that's interesting..LOL

Elendil

INTRODUCTIONS

I have more than a dozen Oracle decks and have never really used any of them so I am looking forward to this group exercise to cycle my way through them so that they don't just linger on the shelf. For October I have picked Wisdom of the Hidden Realms by Colette Baron-Reid. It was a fairly random choice.

The deck has 44 cards and a guide book. It is published by Hay House Inc. The cards are gilded along the edges and are about the same height (though slightly wider) than a regular Tarot deck.

The theme of the deck is the forgotten alliance between Earth and the Hidden Realms. It is populated by a range of Queens, Kings, Masters and other folk who can offer insightful 'dialogue' with the 'Divine'. The cards are intended to be read either upright or reversed as ALLIES or CHALLENGES so when shuffling the deck the instructions explain that you should intentionally and randomly reverse some cards.

I will post my thoughts on the card that I pulled later.

krystalkitty

INTRODUCTIONS

I have more than a dozen Oracle decks and have never really used any of them so I am looking forward to this group exercise to cycle my way through them so that they don't just linger on the shelf. For October I have picked Wisdom of the Hidden Realms by Colette Baron-Reid. It was a fairly random choice.

Wow what a stunning deck the art really provokes your intuition am looking forward to seeing more of these cards as you go through...

Elendil

Wisdom of the Hidden Realms

The card I drew was The Ringmaster of Scrutiny whose keywords are 'discernment'. 'clear vision' and 'details'. The card was upright so represents an ALLY.
I guess this is appropriate because we will be looking closely at our decks as we explore their images and meanings. As a group we will share the findings of what we see and our discoveries will lead to greater clarity of vision and discernment. There is also a sense of magic about this figure from the Hidden Realms - a sense that anything might happen, so watch carefully…

I am looking forward to all of this.

:)

Tarot Fairy

I will use the Oracle of Shadows and Light by Lucy Cavendish & Jasmine Becket-Griffith this month. It's an oracle Deck which contains 45 cards and is bublished by Blue Angel Gallery in 2010.

The cards are filled with faeries with big eyes, ghosts and angels with a shadowy/gothic theme. I fell in love with the pictures right after they where available on the book depository back in 2010 and bought it immediatly. I have read with it serveral times, but I always got the feeling that I didn't gave it the attation that it deserved, which is why have chosen this deck for this study group.

I don't have the deck with my right now (I am on a little vaction) but will pull one card as soon as I am home!

DragonFae

Welcome Tarot Fairy...I'm interested to hear more about your deck...it's one I've considered but haven't bought. It will be good to hear more about it.

Winterchild

My Chosen Oracle

I have chosen my Hidden Path and Well Worn Path Oracles:

This review shows the Well Worn Path....

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/well-worn-path/

The Hidden Path cards have the same backs as they were originally designed to be one deck but were released as two separate decks. You can use just one or use the two together.

The backs of the cards, I love, they feature a wooden door, with a tree carved into it.... to me this is like a door for you to open to explore these new realms.... and one of the cards in the Well Worn Path deck is The Key.... which I use as a kind of ritual card for accessing the messages of the cards.

The first deck, The Well Worn Path depicts the basic foundations of Wiccan/Pagan/Earth bases beliefs, and shows various artifacts, such as Altar, Cauldron etc.. as well as many natural elements which both decks have a fair amount of. This deck also has cards for each of the Sabbats/Esbats.

The second deck, The Hidden Path shows the more mystical, spiritual and well, *hidden* aspects of these belief systems. For example, the Path Between Worlds... as before there are also many references to the seasons and nature.

I wanted to introduce the deck and I will draw my card later once I have sorted out children, goats and cats, and maybe done a bit more mowing of my very long grass!