Hadar Tarot de Marseille deck Images: Upright & Reversed

Fulgour

Hadar TdM deck Images: Upright & Reversed

Here is a link to the post with complete image scans
of Le Véritable Tarot de Marseille by Kris Hadar, with
both upright and reversed jpg urls. Courtesy of Anna.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=32939
click on link to go to images post

tmgrl2

Most of the cards as Anna scanned them are as Hadar intended....some I think, are not.

In his book Mon Premier Livre de Tarto, near the back, he goes over all of the minors, explaining upright vs. reversed. While there is a general pattern, he has some variations depending upon the suit and number.

I'll just add my old link in case anyone is interested.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=35456

This doesn't mean I READ them in the positions Hadar designed as "upright."

terri

Rusty Neon

tmgrl2 said:
Most of the cards as Anna scanned them are as Hadar intended....some I think, are not.

In his book Mon Premier Livre de Tarto, near the back, he goes over all of the minors, explaining upright vs. reversed. While there is a general pattern, he has some variations depending upon the suit and number.

While the Hadar deck departs from Marseilles canon, I understand that Hadar still intended to follow Marseilles tradition to a great extent. Since Hadar did not invent the Marseilles pips, his decisions on what<s up and what<s down for Marseilles pips are by no means decisive. We, as Marseillists, are free to decide on what<s up and what<s down as far as the pips are concerned.

tmgrl2

Rusty Neon said:
While the Hadar deck departs from Marseilles canon, I understand that Hadar still intended to follow Marseilles tradition to a great extent. Since Hadar did not invent the Marseilles pips, his decisions on what<s up and what<s down for Marseilles pips are by no means decisive. We, as Marseillists, are free to decide on what<s up and what<s down as far as the pips are concerned.

I think I said that...I don't take what he says as "gospel" nor do I read them that way. I was just sharing information from his book which is written in French, since members here often appreciate some snippets of translations....

Guess I wasn't clear on that.

terri

Rusty Neon

tmgrl2 said:
I think I said that...I don't take what he says as "gospel" nor do I read them that way. I was just sharing information from his book which is written in French, since members here often appreciate some snippets of translations....

The population of Ottawa is 1/3 Francophone and many more can read French, yet his books in French on tarot and on numerology languish on Ottawa public library shelves, unchecked-out. :)

Diana

I don't think Fulgour was implying that all the Marseilles minor cards need to be read as the ones that were scanned. I think he was talking about the Hadar deck.

The other decks could be different.

Apart from that, I am enjoying this thread immensely. I have pulled up a chair, bought my popcorn and am waiting eagerly for the curtain to open for the next act. I'm still not sure thought whether I'm watching a comedy or a tragedy though. I suppose that's part of the suspense....

Although stalking could possibly be a horror theme. :confused:

Would anyone else like some popcorn? I have plenty.

Anna

Just so everyone knows: Anna = me :)

Am wondering though; since the Lets Marseilles group has ended, it might better if we delete all the images. I'm not sure if we are breaking copyright laws by having them posted here??

Thanks Terri for the link :)

Thanks Diana for the popcorn :D

Fulgour

hello cp

Let me know if you order your work destroyed.
I'll erase the above link to the original thread.

Sophie

Rusty Neon said:
The population of Ottawa is 1/3 Francophone and many more can read French, yet his books in French on tarot and on numerology languish on Ottawa public library shelves, unchecked-out. :)

Why do you think that is? Is he unknown in Canada, or is the Tarot de Marseille not very popular generally?

I have seen some of his books in bookshops here, but not the deck, which is a shame.

Kissa

Kris has been living for many years in Canada, I think he might be more famous there than in France, Switzerland, Belgium. Maybe the Tarot de Marseille is not popular there?

Is Canada into TdM or RWS? I have the feeling that despite the fact that many speak french, the local tarot culture might be "americanized" that is leaning towards RWS rather than TdM.

Could someone (read: Diana) ask Kris if we are breaking some copyright rules here. Charming Pixie went into lots of trouble to scan all the cards, bith upright and reversed, many new comers who had only seen the Grimaud decided to give TdM a go after looking at Kris Hadar's cards scans, so altogether (provided no copyrights law is broken), it would be a big loss to delete the scans and have them fall in the great black hole of the unarchived internet mysteries blablabla.

(Ok, I admit, I had one beer, right)

Kissa

Off to play with my Sanchez-Rodes because I HATE Hadar's deck LOL ;)
-Diana, keep breathing in that little paperbag of yours, I was kidding, just kidding...-