Golden Tarot

Aure

I received my copy of the Golden Tarot today and I'm simply in love with it!!!! :*

The whole package was much prettier than I had expected and I love the little book! There were a couple of small scratches on the edge of the deck (some of the gilt is faintly worn off from a couple of places but not noticeably) and I had to rub off a bit of dust (?) from some of the corners but in all, it's beautiful!!

I have a feeling this deck will be my favorite, it is everything I've ever wanted from a tarot deck and I'm hoping to pass it on as a family heirloom when I'm old. Ofcourse I'll have to get a couple more later to make sure I'll always have it available...

Thank you, Kat for making this deck!! I've never really felt such connection with a deck before, my Radiant RWS just feels comfy but lacks all the mystic, magic and feeling of an ancient treasure that this deck has! :)

retrokat

For those of you who aren't subscribers (naughty, naughty!) - you probably don't know about the Community Deck being made by members. I was a very late entry - just scored the last card in the current deck! You can see my King of Wands card on my own site:

http://www.goldentarot.com/aeclectic.htm

Look Mummy, that man doesn't have any clothes on...

gregor

Got my deck from amazon

The deck arrived (Melbourne, Australia) from Amazon yesterday.

I keep holding it on edge, admiring the gilt. The whole thing is so beautiful...

Lee

My deck arrived yesterday from Amazon. Quite an amazing deck, I'll be writing a full review in several weeks.

I have a question for all of you... is anyone reading this deck with reversals? Lately I've been reading with reversals with the RWS, but with the Golden, the pictures are so rich and complex that I don't think I'd feel comfortable looking at them upside down. I'm curious as to how everyone feels about it.

-- Lee

Mimers

Lee said:
My deck arrived yesterday from Amazon. Quite an amazing deck, I'll be writing a full review in several weeks.

I have a question for all of you... is anyone reading this deck with reversals? Lately I've been reading with reversals with the RWS, but with the Golden, the pictures are so rich and complex that I don't think I'd feel comfortable looking at them upside down. I'm curious as to how everyone feels about it.

-- Lee

I have been using reversals. Did not feel difficult to me. Just the same as any other deck.

Looking forward to your review!

Mimi

lark

I'm using reversals too.
Doesn't feel "off' at all.
No problem.

truthsayer

this is such a wonderful readable deck. i love my hanson roberts because it's so readable. i need more experimentation with the golden to really decide. a friend happened to pick it up and i watched her face change in admiration as she leafed though. she breathed--it's beautiful! particular the edges.

will the gold edges wear off with time? i'm trying to decide if i need a spare like i do with my neferteri. neferteri has some much gold foil on it that i fear using it too much.

ScarabFlight

In regards to the reversals question:
I am not using reversals, there is sooo much information on the cards themselves I feel that I don't need to.

*I should add that I'm also new and don't use any reversals yet, but I don't think that I will with this deck regardless. :D

Maybe we should start a study group? I'm sure it will be mostly ooohhing and aaahhhing for a while. lol

Windtalker

Reversals

I also have been reading with reversals, and Kat's notes on reversals in the book have been spot-on for the few readings I've gotten done so far.

Reversals still make me a little uncomfortable in general, and some of my darker decks I generally don't read reversed, as there are plenty of shadows even in the upright readings.

But I'm certainly not an accomplished reader, still just a neophyte.

Although I've had numerous and varied decks over the last 40+ years, I've only recently gotten serious about reading them for real. :)

I actually did a celtic cross reading the other day that only had 2 upright cards in it... I really wanted to just turn the table around lol.