Pathfinder's

Emily

I love the look of this oracle too. After the limited edition, will there be a mass market version?

Also does the limited edition come in two sizes?

daffyart

Thank you! It's 83 different animal totems in all. It come in only one size. A bit biger than an average deck of cards. So it's a fairly small deck but thick.

Sadly we don't have the means to run this deck more than once. There may be 'overage' decks available later, but once their gone, their gone.

I doubt a publishing company would want to take on this deck either when they have 39 individuals due royalties. So even that option is not viable for this project.

Emily

Yes LOL, that might be a problem.

HearthCricket

The artwork is gorgeous...no question about it. And awesome that so many animals are in it. Too many animal decks are limited in their species. But Gryphon and Satyr? How did they get into this? Doesn't that sort of open a whole new dimension that needs to be addressed in total?

eta~This makes me wonder why we never see dinosaurs in totem decks, either. That would really be interesting!!!

silverwings94

What beautiful cards. I'd love to own a set.

Promise

Oh dear...

I do believe I will need this deck. Such a shame it's not ready just yet.

lightbug

Somehow posted in wrong thread!

daffyart

Thank you everyone for your interest. It won't be long now. The decks are being distributed to our artist starting Tuesday.

HearthCricket said:
The artwork is gorgeous...no question about it. And awesome that so many animals are in it. Too many animal decks are limited in their species. But Gryphon and Satyr? How did they get into this? Doesn't that sort of open a whole new dimension that needs to be addressed in total?

eta~This makes me wonder why we never see dinosaurs in totem decks, either. That would really be interesting!!!

Even legendary animals stand for certain ideas. Even if they are made up, they were created to explain something, or to represent some aspect of human nature. Just like with real animals, their 'aspect' changes from culture to culture and from age to age.

We really just focused on the old and new tales about the most famous legends/myths/fantasy to help us decide who to include. How about I post two totem descriptions for you to give you an idea of how we delved into representing them.
```````````````````````````````````````````````````
64. Gryphon
Traditionally, the gryphon is the guardian of knowledge, only sharing it with the courageous and selfless. With its eagle eyes, it is very observant and a great judge of character. It fiercely protects that which is worth guarding; Gryphon sets clear boundaries and enforces them. This totem dictates you discern the worthy from worthless and to keep your loved ones safe.

Influence: Guardianship, Perceptiveness, Vehemence, Sophistication

------------------------------------------
76. Satyr
Satyrs embody the magical, uncontrollable forces of the natural world - a wild, untamable force. Satyr has the confidence to reject, and even rebel, against established society and aggressively pursues pleasure. As a totem the Satyr urges you to disregard the disapproval of others and revel in the joys of life.

Influence: Celebration, Sexuality, Defiance, Exuberance

`````````````````````````````````````````````

A dinosaur deck would rock! Sadly you'd need a solid understanding of Paleontology or be a Paleontologists to do the critters justice. Someday someone will be up for the challenge I'm sure.

HearthCricket

daffyart said:
Even legendary animals stand for certain ideas. Even if they are made up, they were created to explain something, or to represent some aspect of human nature. Just like with real animals, their 'aspect' changes from culture to culture and from age to age.

We really just focused on the old and new tales about the most famous legends/myths/fantasy to help us decide who to include. How about I post two totem descriptions for you to give you an idea of how we delved into representing them.
```````````````````````````````````````````````````
64. Gryphon
Traditionally, the gryphon is the guardian of knowledge, only sharing it with the courageous and selfless. With its eagle eyes, it is very observant and a great judge of character. It fiercely protects that which is worth guarding; Gryphon sets clear boundaries and enforces them. This totem dictates you discern the worthy from worthless and to keep your loved ones safe.

Influence: Guardianship, Perceptiveness, Vehemence, Sophistication

------------------------------------------
76. Satyr
Satyrs embody the magical, uncontrollable forces of the natural world - a wild, untamable force. Satyr has the confidence to reject, and even rebel, against established society and aggressively pursues pleasure. As a totem the Satyr urges you to disregard the disapproval of others and revel in the joys of life.

Influence: Celebration, Sexuality, Defiance, Exuberance

`````````````````````````````````````````````

A dinosaur deck would rock! Sadly you'd need a solid understanding of Paleontology or be a Paleontologists to do the critters justice. Someday someone will be up for the challenge I'm sure.

Very nice! Thank you! I have yet to dream about those particular animals, though Unicorns have popped up, once in a while, and unfortunately, many dinosaurs!!! I appreciate you sharing. The art is just gorgeous and this looks like a definite must have! Congrats on your new deck!!