Fey-- the court/swords

lunalafey

the Swords royal couple

the King, his appearance is that of stone, cold solid and strong...not easy to move. The wind blows the leaves of autum....I felt him to be quite earthy. His eyes glow red with passion for his intentions.
the Queen, Her eyes are red like the ambers of a fire, her looks, contradict, she is like ice. The sword imbedded in her forhead is the same as the one on her mates throne. Was she born with it? proclaiming her queen? or is it her crown?
{I think she's the one who wears the pants.....he's her right hand man.....she is born into the position.....he marries into it}

Kirali

King and Queen of S

King- In his younger days he must have been a warrior, fighting for his people. Lunalafey said earlier that he was not a born king that he was married into one and I agree. I believe his got his kingship by being a powerful leader of his troops and either taking over the land or marrying a royal. The scars on his cheek are parallel and are like either fingernail scratches or some beast scratched him. It does not seem that they are from a foe's sword and he's too great a warrior to let a foe best him in that way.

He's past his days as being a warrior and now rules from his throne. The chain/plate like armor on his chest seems to provide ceremonial representation that he used to be a warrior since it would not protect him if he were attacked by sword. He sits upon his throne resolute, ready to defend his crown. He's the best at drawing up strategic moves to win battles. He always keeps a cool head when under pressure using his intelligence and wisdom combined which means he's a great catch to his queen but his eyes have seen so much pain and sadness. He's learn to emotionally distance himself when opposed.

Queen- She seems like the Eowyn type (from LoTR). She's definitely a royal with royal blood but she is fiesty and would love to fight along with the Knights and warriors. Her eyes tell you that she's been wounded before but they are also very dangerous. She's defensive if anything spoken to her does not sit well with her. She's extremely wise and intelligent, using common sense along with being educated by the best teachers. She is fair though and not bitter. She will weigh out each side and not let her emotions influence her decisions. She likes to walk amongst her people in the street and not sit in some huge palace while the action happens outside the walls. She does not fall in love easily but once she does then she's head over heels.

Cerulean

Definitely Tolkien's daughter of Rivendell...

...thanks for the great suggestions. I'm thinking also of page and knight...

SherryZoned

First impressions:
This is what I got from just glancing at the cards.

The king Wants to be known as the King..he looks like he is banging his fist down in frustration.."why is know one relizing I am KING!"

The Queen..She knows she is Queen there is no hiding the fact. She can not get away from it. Not even for a night out.

RiccardoLS

Could we compare the four Kings and the four Queens?

Exercise: 2 cards to accompany the King... and 2 cards to accompany the Queen (swords).

I would say for the King of Sword: Emperor, 8 of chalices.

firemaiden

I like that idea Riccardo, what say you, Raven of the Craven Wings?

How did you happen to pick those two cards for association Riccardo?

lunalafey

i suppose once we get through all 4 then we will compare...???....and reinforcing cards....interesting...wondering like firemaiden, why?....i choose 7 wands..and yes, the Emp. for the king....for the queen..8 of cups & Temperance.

Ravenswing

go for it...

My Dear Lady of the Sacred Order of the Burning Toast--

I'm all for mildly structured chaos-- seems fiting with the deck.

Are we to agree on a pair for the pair or do we pair individually?

huh??
fly well
Raven

Cerulean

These pictures...

Queen of Swords---a comparable queen to me from a fairy tale

http://childhoodreading.com/Edmund_Dulac_and_Gus/Snow_Queen.02.html

King of Swords--a knight and king story that reminds me of the strength of this sword king..

http://www.fablesonline.com/Areas/MythLegend/People/lancelot.htm

I noticed the steely hues and the splashes of color in the Sword King and Sword Queen that made me search the deck for similar attitudes or color tints or even absence of color...

For the Queen of Swords, if I were to pick similar attitudes or attendants within the Fey deck, I have two picks. The eyes and look of the Fey 7 of Swords figure and the stillness of Temperance seem similar. Also, the merging quality into both air and stone of the 7 of Swords, her watchfulness and transparency, she reminds me of the pallor of the Queen of Swords. Temperance's surrounding of air and water and steamy light has a translucent, reflective quality that might be a little softer, but still an aspect of the Queen of Swords.

For the King of Swords, there was an alert, but calm look that I see in the reflective paleness of La Luna and somewhat softer aspect of the Queen of Cups. The figures are in different attitudes and circumstances, but they had a paler coloring and more calm look than some of the other Fey cards.

Ravenswing

snow queen

mari--

Exactly who I thought of for the Queen of Swords... but I remember a different story (actually I DON'T remember the other story, I just know that I'm unfamiliar with the one you presented)

She is not by nature a cold Queen, it's just that her pains are too great to pass over...

fly well
Raven