Communicating with a departed loved one?

Lilly

Huh?

When I stumbled upon this thread I became intrigued by the idea that a departed friend or relative might have something to share with me so I tried the layout.

I stopped after the first card. In the #1 position was the Six of Wands Rx.

That hardly seemed capable of introducing me to no one my by own frustration over the delay of achieving my goals and such. Can someone offer another interpretation in a context relating to the identity of an unknown?

firemaiden

Hi Lilly, (I have a sister named Lilly, and she spells it with two ll's just like you)

I can't tell you who was speaking, but it looks to me like they were trying to say one thing: DON'T GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS!

Moongold

Or that by "letting go" of the outcome things happen naturally. This is trying a completely different strategy.

((((Lilly))))

Flavio

Orion said:
Any one out there have a spread regarding communicating with a departed loved one? Any and all information would be greatly appreciated!!
I lost my father last May, and as you, I've been thinking about trying to communicate with him, somehow it doesn't feel right to me so I won't do it, but the Universe sent me to the TABI newsletter, in the Autum 2003 issue you'll find a beautiful spread called "Grief Layout" by Vivianne Kacal about what you (and only you) can do about the loss, for me this spread was everything I needed to fill my need of answers. Hope it can help you also.

woodwind bard

I used this spread and the reading was 100 percent accurate. My grandmother let me know that she loves me very much and that i need to move on in life and let go of my past. That's probably the most truest thing i have ever witnessed. Thanks so much for the spread.

Strength

Is it not dangerous ? like Ouija boards? It seems to me its inviting unwanted spirits in as well, for the more unexperienced amongst us as i am.......I would never recommend someone to use the ouija board to contact a loved one.....

I can however picture this spread to be used to contact your own spirit guide.....who is always close and near......

woodwind bard, why do you think it was your grandmother ? can you share that with us??

Strength

well, you know what ?? i tried it anyway! why not live dangerously!?? I did ask for protection, just in case....

Here is my spread:

1 = Page of Wands
2 = V of Pentacles
3 = IV of Wands
4 = IX of Wands
5 = X of Pentacles

So all in all a pretty cool message from my guide........!!

Strength

well, i thought so anyway........

Heia

I' ve actually tried this and it works. It was very moving the first time, because I realized that the cards that came up, carried information that were characteristic for my beloved departed.

When it comes to Ouijaboards: I don't see any difference in using a board, pendulum or cards for that matter. When we do a reading, we open up mentally to higher realms anyway. What makes a Ouijaboard that much more dangerous than a deck of cards? They're only tools for intrepreting information from other realms. That's how I see it, anyway.

Crowqueen

My grandfather communicates with my grandmother through the photograph she placed on top of the TV when he died. If she thinks he really is there in spirit with her, she keeps it to herself, but she seems to believe that something goes on between them when she asks his advice.

Also apparently one old man whose son died recently of cancer has been seen going about with a peaceful, contented smile on his face, much to the surprise of others; perhaps he knows something they don't. His son is probably still there in spirit, but perhaps it is a private thing.

As regards the spread, I have no need of it at the moment, but I will keep it in mind; perhaps I might be able to keep in touch with Granny, who seems to be in a very sanguine attitude about her own passing at the moment; I always feared losing her wisdom and hugs when she did died, but as she is the one of my grandparents (all three others have passed on; my father's parents when I was much younger) who I am closest to, it might help to know she is still there. She indeed bought me a snake "hugger" for Christmas who I believe helped keep me safe during the darkest period of this last winter.