10th planet? Sedna

Minderwiz

Quite right :)

Looking at initial reports it might be the same composition as a comet - but doesn't exhibit the normal cometary tail because it's so far out. I think we have to virtually ignore this as being of Astrological significance until a lot more is known about it - and it may never have any significance even then.

Astraea

Minderwiz said:
I think we have to virtually ignore this as being of Astrological significance until a lot more is known about it - and it may never have any significance even then.
Yes, I agree -- space is filled with astronomical bodies, known and unknown, and the only way to manage this abundance astrologically is to consider the main objects within our solar system as archetypal filters for information that might "belong to" some of the newer discoveries.

HOLMES

actually i disagree

i am a big believer of the planet x theory for it make sense in my so called systemic mind (been reading up on my astrology chart from a new astrology book i have ).

if it takes 10,500 years to circle the sun that means that it would go into eveyr sign at 825 years, signfitying some really big mass consciousness that would be hinted at by pluto and uranus and neptune which i understand mostly affect the general masses due to the years it takes to go into a new sign ? .

and you know those movies (yes i said it movies lol ) where there is a planet harmonic ? some day pluto, neptune, uranus, and sedna will align up, .
but will it be for good or bad ?
i don't know,
the possiblities intrigue me greatly.

should sedna get classified as a planet, it would make sense,

it circles the sun,

it is smaller then pluto but very close to the inner system enought to be classified as orbiting around the sun.

some say it cold be a moon dusted off by a comet, if so
1. is the sedna planet shape that would indicate it is part of a bigger peice ?(after all for a comet to do that , it would have to break it in two i would think )
2. or is it almost perfectly round. (for me planets have to be round. ) .

paradoxx

As named for a goddess of the ocean, that calls for it to be an impacting force to watersigns, but its red color, second redest in the solar system after mars, seems to indicate connection to fire signs. Its effect on modern astrology will be similar to certain asteroids.

Gerbear

Re: actually i disagree

HOLMES said:

should sedna get classified as a planet, it would make sense,

it circles the sun,

it is smaller then pluto but very close to the inner system enought to be classified as orbiting around the sun.

some say it cold be a moon dusted off by a comet, if so
1. is the sedna planet shape that would indicate it is part of a bigger peice ?(after all for a comet to do that , it would have to break it in two i would think )
2. or is it almost perfectly round. (for me planets have to be round. ) .

If Sedna is classified as a planet, than there are approximately
300 other objects that would also qualify, using the same guidlines. As for roundness, the earth itself isn't round, it's an oblate spheroid, as are several other planets. The census of sun encircling objects is past the thousand mark, with more discovered with each advance in technology. Just throwing a little Astronomy into the mix.

HOLMES

how come we didnt' hear of these 300 other objects ?

if it isnt' round then why do they call it a globe ?

so these guidelien would be,

1. oribiting around the sun
2. close to the size of pluto
3. effects the gravity of the other planets,

beats me about astronomy

Gerbear

Each time another asteroid, moon, or other odject is found, it is published in the science journals. The news media picks it up and reports at their discretion. This one is out near the Kuiper belt, so it attracted more attention, plus it must have been a slow news day. For all practical purposes, Earth is round. The deviation from a perfect sphere is very small. Few of the minor planets are close to round, having shapes resembling everything from footballs to totally irregular. Everything in the solar system orbits the sun, due to its immense gravity, even comets. Some orbits are more elliptical than others. Sedna's gravity is a fuction of it's mass, and being small, its gravity has no effect on any of the major planets.

As far as Astrology goes, I think the planets and other objects are more representitive of certain numerical, and vibratory nodes, whether or not a planet coincides with the position.

HOLMES

i would disagree

with the notion it was a slow news day.

i think perhaps the mass group of high beings up there sent downa beam of light to get people to notice this planetoid , or planet over say one of those 300 other objects for in the years to come it will have some impact on astrology, astronomy, and even mass thought.

" think the planets and other objects are more representitive of certain numerical, and vibratory nodes, "

can you elborate on that a bit more for i don't know what you mean . please.