The Answer deck - Journey

Alissa

I wanted to add a card for study, and picked up the deck, shuffled and opened inside.

Journey. The silhouette of a person on a camel, traversing a flat, but gently rolling landscape. Behind this rider, the head of a camel, following from behind, just pokes in.

This card shows a CAMEL. What are camels good for? Camels are pack animals. On a pack animal, you can travel further, as it is less physically taxing than foot travel. It allows you to carry additional materials, additional packs for travel, that bearing on one's back would prohibit.

With the additional supplies and faster land speed, a camel rider is shown as someone who can travel for long distances at a time.

The camel itself is an animal that suggests the ability to Journey for long distances, with the reserves its body carries - thus it is made to attain the goal, or reach "the finish point."

The landscape is smooth. Sandscapes are suggested in the barely rolling horizon.

Another is following. Whomever is on this Journey, they are not alone. Another may be looking to them for leadership. Or, someone may simply be accompanying them on their path.

And now, moving from 101, to Answer Deck 201 :

For a real eye-opener, lay this card next to the Peace card. WOW! :eek: What is the ultimate Journey? These two came up in a reading my friend did, for herself, while I was watching. We both were amazed to see how they fit together....

lunakasha

Alissa said:
For a real eye-opener, lay this card next to the Peace card. WOW! :eek: What is the ultimate Journey? These two came up in a reading my friend did, for herself, while I was watching. We both were amazed to see how they fit together....

WOW....those cards do look like they are meant to be together!!! It almost looks like the second camel is an extension of the tree in the Peace card....interesting!!!

I really liked your take on this card....don't have much to add really. The Journey card also reminds me to have patience, because this is a long, slow and steady trip....it must not be rushed in order to get the full experience of it.

:) Luna

lunakasha

Here it is:

Attachments

• journey.jpg
    journey.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 134

jhnodoubt

I'm the girl who drew that spread! Hey Alissa, good spot, I forgot I laid that spread. It is important to notice that when peace and the journey card are laid together it does look as if it is meant to conserve your resources (camels hump) and peace will await the journeyman.

Alissa

(Alissa runs around waving her arms)

It's her! It's her! It's her!!!!

Look :eek: everyone~!! THIS is my friend Jeanette!!!! (Alissa points at jhnodoubt and winks to the blondie).

She's the one I said introduced me to this deck, and I done dragged her to AT to say LOOK!!! :D

Yea jh, I'm sooooooo glad to see you here too! I know you'll have plenty to share on this favorite little deck when you get the chance to post more.

And post Hi in New Members too, jh, if ya like ;) You can tell everyone Alissa has corrupted, I mean "recruited", another...!

xaimeex

one thing i notice about the card is that it is almost exactly split in half into bacl and white which suggests an equal amount fo positive and negative aspects you will experience on your journey, just as you experience in life. The card leaves it open as to whether you'd be making this journey alone or not as we see another camel behind but we cant tell if there is a rider. It suggests we are helped along the way as the man is being helped by the camel. It also suggests that we could either be following somone else or someone could be following us, we can be the leadrer or the follower if we wish.

Barbaras Ahajusts

So much

Theres so much to see in the Journey card. A long ole haul, physically or mentally! The hot cutting winds, nothing to be seen in any direction, to not give up hope, just tie a knot and hang on for the ride. You are never alone. You can make it.

On one hand it gives comfort and in the other hand it gives abject dread! If I was to get this card, I would want the Peace to be beside it! At least that would show me I wouldn't suffer physically for to long! Yikes!

Barbara