Can anyone recommend a good birth chart reader?

PentQueen

I'd like to get a deeper understanding of my birth chart. I've had it read before but I felt like the astrologer didn't tell me a whole lot that I didn't already know. Anyway, was wondering if anyone on this forum can suggest an excellent reader? I'd like to get a better handle on my habits and how to work with or transform them.

Thanks in advance!
PQ

Minderwiz

I'd like to get a deeper understanding of my birth chart. I've had it read before but I felt like the astrologer didn't tell me a whole lot that I didn't already know. Anyway, was wondering if anyone on this forum can suggest an excellent reader? I'd like to get a better handle on my habits and how to work with or transform them.

Thanks in advance!
PQ

It really depends on where you live and how you see Astrology. Where you live really dictates the area you are going to draw a reader from, especially if you want a face to face consultation. If you are willing to sacrifice the consultation, then there are many readers who operate by telephone or email or even video link.

If you see Astrology as totally related to character analysis and your psychology, then a traditional astrologer might seem to be 'out of tune' with your view, the reverse holds if you want to learn more about events in your life and feel you know enough about your own inner self, so you really need to have identified exactly what didn't gel in that first reading and why.

The final factor is how much you are prepared to pay and what you expect in return (having cleared the second factor in your mind). Generally speaking, the more you want, especially if it involves forecasts, the more expensive the reading will be. A good Astrologer, fro either approach, will want as much background as you can give, so that the main events of your life to date can be tested against your chart. As with Tarot, the worst client is the one who just sits there and challenges you to come up with all the right answers, usually to specific concerns that they don't explain, simply from the chart or the cards. A consultation should be a two way process with you contributing and discussing the astrologer's findings and their perceptions.

Look up the Professional Astrological bodies in your country and contact them, they usually have a list from which they can make recommendations. Again you might need to spell out what you want to get out of the consultation.

Also make sure that you agree with your Astrologer, exactly what you will get in terms of a written report. There are a number of not very reputable people who will simply enter your natal details in Solar Fire or similar and send you the print out (suitably bound and displayed but not edited). I've seen fees or around £50 asked for such printouts (though they are described as reports). These are not very useful in terms of payment because you need an Astrologer to explain and indeed integrate the report.