Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I find the topic too complicated or confusing

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • The topic doesn't interest me enough to join in

Votes: 23 16.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

peacewing

My answer is definitely - I feel like I don't have anything substantial to add. I'll read a thread and everyone seems to have very intelligent answers, and I often think to myself - "what could I possibly add that is valuable?" I often feel like I don't as much as other people on here. I may feel intimidated, or shy.

I don't post often - I'll go through periods of posting activity, but I'll always read this forum consistently, as I have throughout the years.

rylla

If there is a topic that I'm not interested in (i.e. a topic that has been thoroughly discussed before) I don't check it. There could be other reasons too, not included in the poll: lack of time when a topic is discussed or I miss to see a thread (there are sometimes reference to some thread that I've never seen and I am wondering: where was I when that happened) But mostly: life is hectic, things are happening and then I miss a couple of weeks from ATF or I just read briefly the most interesting topics. I spend an hour or so on my computer every day and that includes emails, facebook, ATF - kind of checking things out and responding in a rush.

Linfang

I often refrain from replying since I'm not a native speaker. So, even if I might have something to add, I'm afraid that my grammar and spelling mistakes will make it difficult to understand. I just don't want to spoil the reading experience for the English speaking members.

gregory

I often refrain from replying since I'm not a native speaker. So, even if I might have something to add, I'm afraid that my grammar and spelling mistakes will make it difficult to understand. I just don't want to spoil the reading experience for the English speaking members.
You don't. I love your posts, Stop thinking that way :)

The people who SPOIL my experience are the txtspk posters.

u r so right tnx gets to me BIG time.

Linfang

You don't. I love your posts, Stop thinking that way :)

The people who SPOIL my experience are the txtspk posters.

u r so right tnx gets to me BIG time.

That's sweet, thanks gregory! Anyway, I find that many of you can express their thoughts so pointedly and eloquently that I feel I cannot contribute more. Like in real life, I prefer listening to contributing :)

Pique Dame

I mainly choose not to reply/contribute because I'm still in the learning phase. I've been reading with a full deck for about 4 years but still feel that other readers intuit so much more than I do. I'm not sure if this counts as being shy or feeling like I have nothing to add, but that's where I see myself and my skill level at this time. As such, I don't usually reply to threads unless the answer really jumps out at me.

aurora59

Hello I'm new here and this is my first post....I'm getting to know the site and reading threads so have voted I'm new or too shy to stick my neck out.

Happy with doing that for the moment but if and when I feel I have something helpful to add I will take the plunge :)

AJ

aurora's post reminds me of something that has been almost touched upon..

Forums can be viewed as making compost in a manner of speaking
On top are the new members posting fresh or not fresh queries.
the next layer down is pretty new members, who respond
next layer is the old timers on the prod who post links to old threads with the same query
then the non-responsive old timers
The bottom are old timers who have gone dormant or just gone.

fill free to add your own layers

The value of a subscription here is in, in spite of all the other tarot forums, groups, social media, is here there are many layers of knowledge that continue to take an active part. So I subscribe as a way to aid the strength of the whole.

Umbrae once said AT was just a chat shop with no real purpose.
I thought it was unjust. AT is big enough to have something for everyone. Even chat.

I've given up on my brains ability to learn astrology. But we have two fairly new members who ask the most interesting questions and who have been quietly and peacefully responded to by the mods. That is priceless

Barleywine

aurora's post reminds me of something that has been almost touched upon..

Forums can be viewed as making compost in a manner of speaking
On top are the new members posting fresh or not fresh queries.
the next layer down is pretty new members, who respond
next layer is the old timers on the prod who post links to old threads with the same query
then the non-responsive old timers
The bottom are old timers who have gone dormant or just gone.

fill free to add your own layers

The value of a subscription here is in, in spite of all the other tarot forums, groups, social media, is here there are many layers of knowledge that continue to take an active part. So I subscribe as a way to aid the strength of the whole.

Umbrae once said AT was just a chat shop with no real purpose.
I thought it was unjust. AT is big enough to have something for everyone. Even chat.

I've given up on my brains ability to learn astrology. But we have two fairly new members who ask the most interesting questions and who have been quietly and peacefully responded to by the mods. That is priceless

I also subscribe because I want to see it continue. I like it here because it's like a public square . . . with a virtual podium and even (he says shamelessly) a "soap-box." :D But the real value is in the (usually civilized) dialogue and the positive reinforcement.

Thoughtful

AJ;4941925 Umbrae once said AT was just a chat shop with no real purpose. I thought it was unjust. AT is big enough to have something for everyone. Even chat. [/QUOTE said:
Yes l agree it was a rather unjust statement to make. l love AT for all it offers to old timers and newbies alike. l liken it to one big happy family where, yes we chat, are kept up to date with new tarot trends, and mostly l welcome other people's opinions on a wide variety of subjects. It's a wonderful learning resource.
l do reply when l feel l have something to contribute or feel strongly about something. For those who feel shy please don't be, we all had to plunge in at some point. So what if you feel you would make a gaffe people here are lovely and understanding.