Who wants a cheap, wipe-clean, on-the-go Marseilles?

Le Fanu

Yes it is. Can't vouch for current cardstock- these things can change - but that is the one...

nisaba

And we both love ours, don't we, Mr F.

CharlotteK

Yes it is. Can't vouch for current cardstock- these things can change - but that is the one...
Ah thanks, that's helpful.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

CharlotteK

we do indeed. It's a lovely deck. Authentic Marseilles and indestructible.
I gather it's a photo-reproduction of the Conver deck and this does appeal a lot as I have (and like) the Fournier, so seems like this would be a cheap, durable, more sedate version. Thanks for the enabling :)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Marcus R

That's the one alright.

The 78th Fool

I've not long ago bought one of the new editions. Sadly, the cardstock is dreadful; nothing like the quality of previous editions. The new cards are bigger but the print quality is inferior, the cards themselves tend to stick together when shuffling and the stock is very thin. Worst of all, some of the cards have a small triangle on their backs, making upright or reverse visible before the cards are drawn. It's a shame as the deck itself is lovely (I have the older edition in a box set).

nisaba

Welcome back, you! I've missed you.

I've not long ago bought one of the new editions. Sadly, the cardstock is dreadful;

<grin> That's what we prized when this thread was originally started: the horrid matt-plastic feel of it, making it perfect for floating in the bathtub or losing over the side of a ship.

Worst of all, some of the cards have a small triangle on their backs, making upright or reverse visible before the cards are drawn. It's a shame as the deck itself is lovely (I have the older edition in a box set).

The boxed one, which I have, has the triangles, too. I don't find they're a problem: in fact, they're useful if you want to make sure all your cards are upright, say for a gift, as many of the Swords and Wands cards are pretty hard to sort top-from-bottom.

If you draw from a fan, why not try drawing eyes-closed, by feel? Me, I have an arrangement with all my decks that I shuffle-and-cut, and the deck uses that opportunity to stack all the cards I'll be using in the correct order on top of the deck. Either way, it's irrelevant if you can see whether the backs are reversed or not, as what will come out, will come out. (drawing-blind or peeling from the top, I mean).