Azathoth Tarot

GryffinSong

Very nice imagery!

Eyebright

If there are any left next month then I am getting this, I love the artwork! My tarot budget for this month is tapped out lol :p

daphne

Nemo's Locker, welcome to Aeclectic, and I officially hate you. :p Decks (more than one!) ordered....

Looks wonderful! Let us know about it when you get it, please.

Wooden Nickel

Very cool!
Your style reminds me a bit of Gahan Wilson, and a bit of the Call of Cthulhu rulebook.

I too am curious to know how big the copyright text on the front of the cards is. Does it look the way it's shown on your site?

a_gnostic

...I too am curious to know how big the copyright text on the front of the cards is. Does it look the way it's shown on your site?...
There is no copyright on the cards that I received today. Also, the color of the cards appears to be different than the images on the web site: more orange and a bit darker.

(I believe I prefer the actual card color over the web site's images, however, this deck would look astonishingly striking if the colored regions were done in gold leaf or something approximating that!)

I've attached a composite image made by taking a picture of one of the cards on my iMac screen and an actual card under an incandescent light. My monitor is calibrated, so this image looks comparable to the original views with my naked eye.

The deck is quite interesting: it seems to combine elements of the Thoth (some but not all attributions, card titles, etc.) with a lot of RWS-inspired imagery. I'm not really experienced enough (in general or with this deck in particular) to characterize the deck, but it does seem intriguing at first! I am looking forward to being able to get the companion book, early next year, I hope.

Attachments

• Moon.jpg
    Moon.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 264

Tarotwolf

Just bought a copy and am looking forward to checking out the cards. The artwork reminds me of very detailed Crumb illustrations.

Wooden Nickel

Thanks for the picture, a_gnostic: very nice! I find myself distinctly tempted.

Carla

This is the very first 'dark deck' I've ever looked at and thought, wow. I would like to have that.

Well done, Nemo's Locker.

(Unfortunately I'm broke!)

toj

I can't access the website...