My New Heron

3ill.yazi

This is to report the conclusion of my search for a replacement card of my lost Fool for my old Heron TdM.

Frances Cartes was amazingly nice, and sent me a whole new pack. As it turns out, it was good they did that and not just one card, because the deck changed a little in the 20 years, the back now having more a peachy or crayola "flesh" color than the brownish back of the 90s era deck I had, so that new Fool would have stuck out. But I'm not complaining at all!

And my old pack had no LWB. Does anyone know the story of where these interpretations in this LWB come from? They are quite different from any of my previous, which drew more from Kaplan/Waite. E.g., the Devil: "serious disease on which a fortune will be spent..." The Star: "close death – the person following the preceding one escapes death..." The Empress: "a woman will make a confession..."

And it gives a lot of interpretations of cards in relation to each other: ten of batons with the ace of swords: get vaccinated. With the ace of swords reversed, a party in the country will not take place. Lol!

Quite different from anything I've seen, but I'm pretty new to TdM study.

The newer edition also has English on the side of the box, Featuring this splendidly mangled sentence:

"This Tarot permits to foretell some events by trends association"

:)

foolMoon

I have a Heron TdM deck, and it is one of my favorite. Looks really old (about 100 or more years) - I am not sure if it is really old or intentionally printed like that (fading graphics).

Luminosa

Hi everybody, I see nothing wrong nor bizarre with the Star meaning death (I’ve seen this already more than once) and the Death card meaning marriage and physical death. I’ve seen the Tower card mean marriage too and death. So, just examine the images closely and you will see where they bind with these meanings. As for the Star as physical death or birth, think of its relationship to Justice card (number 8). As for the Death card as marriage, death or birth, work out its relationship to the Sun card. It’s all there, just waiting to be uncovered. Good luck.

3ill.yazi

You have to see the whole LWB, though. I think it goes way beyond that.

Hi everybody, I see nothing wrong nor bizarre with the Star meaning death (I’ve seen this already more than once) and the Death card meaning marriage and physical death. I’ve seen the Tower card mean marriage too and death. So, just examine the images closely and you will see where they bind with these meanings. As for the Star as physical death or birth, think of its relationship to Justice card (number 8). As for the Death card as marriage, death or birth, work out its relationship to the Sun card. It’s all there, just waiting to be uncovered. Good luck.

kalliope

Yeah, Luminosa, go take a look at Sherryl's blog post (and the comments), some of the card combinations are hysterical. Hunchbacks, sour wine, and kidnappings! :D

Luminosa

Why not! I have not seen them yet, but I think it would be worth finding out how this could be explained. I am certain they are not out of the blue. And surely these interpretations are not the only ones for the combinations, but reading possibilities out of many.