"Dishonored" video-game tie-in deck

eurydicesdreams

So I don't know who among all of y'all are gamers, but the hubs & i were in Gamestop yesterday and we were very excited to see a poster for "Dishonored," which is coming out in the States in December (and in the U.K. in October) and if you preorder from GS you get a special "tarot deck" that is a tie-in to the game.
Now, me, I was pretty skeptical about this - especially seeing that XXI is not the World, but Death! What? o_O - but one of the Arkane devs explained that they got inspiration from some alternative decks, so I'm breathing a little easier.
I thought it was interesting that the gamer to whom the dev is responding was wondering on the basis of "authenticity." Who knew that a video game could be an gateway drug to the addictive world of tarot? :p

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/13...es-revealed/page__view__findpost__p__20872753

Thoughts?

rwcarter

Not a Gamer at all, but I was able to find a picture of the Game Stop promo showing the Death Card, another showing more of the cards (looks like it's a pip deck) and a final one showing three of the Majors, possibly in a spread..

Attachments

• dishonored-tarot-cards.jpg
    dishonored-tarot-cards.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 473
  • dishonored-tarot_.jpg
    dishonored-tarot_.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 445
  • this-is-an-awesome-set-of-tarot-cards-available-for-those-who-pre-ordered-dishonored-from-gamest.jpg
    this-is-an-awesome-set-of-tarot-cards-available-for-those-who-pre-ordered-dishonored-from-gamest.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 405

eurydicesdreams

cool! i had seen the first pic you posted when we were in gamestop (and immediately got a fingernails-on-chalkboard kind of feeling at seeing Death as XXI, lol), but i hadn't seen the other two. i'm intrigued by the 3 majors they show - i see the Drowned Man, and was the far right card called "Luck"? interesting…

DaughterOfDanu

I've heard of this! I think it said it was a 72 card deck which makes me wonder what they excluded and why they didn't just put forth 6 extra cards. :p

rwcarter

The few things I saw said it's a 78 card deck.

eurydicesdreams

Yeah, i read 78 too. Blame it on the silly tarot gamer n00bs who don't think of 78 as being a significant number :-D

VGimlet

Hm, this might be interesting. I am going to have to swing by a gamestop soon and check it out. And any game that has tarot or a divinitory deck might be interesting to me....lol...

(There are gamers out there who are STICKLERS for authenticity about the lore. :p)

eurydicesdreams

(There are gamers out there who are STICKLERS for authenticity about the lore. :p)

i know! that's why i'm not dismissing this deck right off the bat. the publisher is bethesda studios, which also did skyrim (*insert happy fangirl dance here*), and between that and what you said, my hopes are i think pretty reasonable for this to be an interesting new deck.

Vedbeach

Anyone have any information on this being available in the UK? Having a search around, there was some discussion and websites saying it will be available on pre-orders at GAME. Though there's some info about the game itself but nothing at all on the actual deck. I really want the deck! Less bothered about the game though it is my kind of thing.