The Bohemian Gothic Tarot Study Group (The Dark Sister) 1st and 2nd editions

6 Haunted Days

RubyV said:
Are others still interested, or all we all so seduced by her dark beauty that we just sit there playing with her for hours?

That's pretty much my reason!

Aconite

for sure

I was waiting for a study group. This is perfect timing.

firefrost

Why don't all you who haven't, join us in the card discussions we've begun? There are about four different threads now.

Always good to hear different views and opinions.

We should pester - I mean ask - Baroli to open up her dark sister tent again. She was brilliant with the one card stories.

flicker

id like to sign up too please as I cant seem to put the BG down.

Thanks flicker

6 Haunted Days

flicker said:
id like to sign up too please as I cant seem to put the BG down.

Thanks flicker

No need to sign up, just post your thoughts and feeligs about the cards that already have a thread or start a new thread for card that isn't started yet.

Grizabella

I'm in! A wonderful friend gave me the Silver and I'm absolutely mesmerized by it. :D

Grizabella

I have to admit that this deck is pretty emotional for me in some ways. Thankfully, I've worked through most of my skeletons in the closet prior to now. The Bohemian Gothic is my life in a deck of cards. Especially my childhood and young adulthood. I'm sure I'm going to be having some pretty interesting and powerful reading experiences with it.

My favorite card is the Wheel of Fortune. And if I were to pick myself out of the deck, it would be the little girl in the Page of Pentacles. She looks soooo much like me when I was a little girl, including that I was always picking flowers and I've always loved lilacs, so if lilacs were in bloom, I was sure to be carrying some around.

I just got the deck today and I'm kind of stunned. Certainly fascinated with all I see in the cards and all the insights I have when I look at them. They're fantastic! :)

Astraea Aurora

I would also like to contribute to this Study Group, so count me in. I can't promise to make a regular appearance here but I try my best to tell you my points about those beautiful cards whenever I stumble upon them.

Astraea Aurora :grin:

Grizabella

I just have a question I've been wondering about. Is the card stock on this deck different than on the other decks from MRP? It seems to be more stiff.

6 Haunted Days

Solitaire* said:
I just have a question I've been wondering about. Is the card stock on this deck different than on the other decks from MRP? It seems to be more stiff.

Yes, Karen mentioned it's new cardstock, though I also believe she said the BBC Gold was printed on this same cardstock. Not sure that's right though, either way I have the BBC Gold...and the BG's cardstock feels weighter, thicker and more substantial to me than the BBC Gold.

I personally love this new cardstock!! It's weighter in your hand, and I love how it shuffles.....if you take the VR and BG and compare....there's quite a difference....it isn't slight.