Best Hierophant?

Le Fanu

Thoth

Nobody has mentioned the Thoth Hierophant. Wonderful...

BrightEye

The one from the Tarot of the Master is my favourite (after Rosanne's - I love that butterfly!).

.traveller.

Thank you for the suggestions and the links!

These all look great, love that card Rosanne :D

No Hierophant shall be excluded, whether ye be Pope, Pape, or Shaman!

Riversea

My favorite Hierophants are the Vertigo, which features the Dream Lord. Also, the Victoria Regina- he looks kindly and a bit like Father Christmas. And the Rabbi from the Tarot of Prague. I like how he is taken from the statue of the Rabbi who fashioned the Golem to protect the jews of Prague from persecution. I'm sure there are others, but I'm only going off of four hours of sleep, and my neurons are firing a bit slowly this evening

Morgan of Avalon

I love the Maroon Tarot picture...so many ways you can interpret the card and the man...I get a different sense of it everytime I look at it.

sharpchick

I like the Hierophant out of the Llewellyn and the DruidCraft (although in the DruidCraft, he's called the High Priest).

Attachments

• High Priest.jpg
    High Priest.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 121
  • Hierophant.jpg
    Hierophant.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 118

Enchanted

Of the decks I own, I like the Arthurian and the Victorian Romantic. I think for the same reason, both picture the Heirophant with children. The Arthurian is Talisan. I guess that conjures a kind of storyteller,a poet or a prophet, the passing of tradition or wisdom down through the generations that appeals to me. I guess I see that more as being inspirational than stoic or conventional.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/arthurian/

Parzival

Best Hierophant ?

Enchanted said:
Of the decks I own, I like the Arthurian and the Victorian Romantic. I think for the same reason, both picture the Heirophant with children. The Arthurian is Talisan. I guess that conjures a kind of storyteller,a poet or a prophet, the passing of tradition or wisdom down through the generations that appeals to me. I guess I see that more as being inspirational than stoic or conventional.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/arthurian/

The Arthurian Hierophant is certainly one of the best, since poetry and inspiration of the living truth go hand-in-hand, as with the ancient bards and as with some modern poets, too, including John Lennon and Bob Dylan and Mary Oliver and WS Merwin, and Whitman and Rilke and Neruda a little earlier. Take the inspired and inspiring poetry out of the Hierophant and only lifeless doctrinal dictums and hollow motions remain. The Hierophant should heal religious schisms, build metaphysical bridges and not create spiritual impasses and aggravate them. The Thoth Hierophant takes away narrow bands of religion, admirably. Some medieval Hierophants seem to contradict the good name of the bardic, inspired Hierophant.