Sabian Symbols Study Group: Aries Degree 1 - #1

huredriel

MCsea said:
Part of Body: Cerebrum - From Solarfire

Elven said:
From the Concise Medical Dictionary 4th Edition.
The Cerebrum is responsible for the initiation and coordination of all voluntary activity in the in the body and for governing the functioning of the lower parts of the nervous system... It is the most highly developed part of the brain, composed of two cerebral hemispheres, seperated from each other by the longitudinal fissure in the middle.

Not sure if this is right or not ........ but with the title of a woman embracing a seal ....... duality ...... and here we have two separate parts in the brain ....... the woman and seal in my mind merge ...... a state of becoming whole ...... needing each other .... before able to move forwards ....... I see this too with the description above ....... two separate parts of the brain ..... yet they also need to work together in order to function correctly.

huredriel

Just wondering if anyone wanted to look at 5 pointed star aspect or whether that should be left until later?

MCsea

Hi huredriel,

yes I love how you melded the body part with the symbol I agree :)

I was thinking last night -
Quest Symbol for Aries 1:

The Opposite Symbol for Aries 1 is
Libra 1 - A Butterfly Preserved and Made Perfect With a Dart through it.

So may be this is a little simple but you may 'see' some of in this - the beginning and the end - aries 1 new start emerge genesis and Libra 1 ends death, stagnant, finish, completion.. just something that came to me while I was thinking crystals :)

SQUARE -
Symbols in tension with Aries 1:
Cancer 1 -
On a Ship the Sailors Lower the Old Flag and Raise the New One.

Libra 1 - A Butterfly Preserved With and made perfect with a dart through it.

Capricorn 1 - An Indian Cheif Claims recognition and Power from the Assembled tribe.

Just another couple of ideas with this square - Aries 1 feeling emotion encompasing and new beginnings - but gentle ones, then cancer 1 is a change new thoughts (flags) appearing different libra 1 sense of completion - maybe a flase sense? then capricorn 1 made/encouraged to change with a new perspecitve back given power to move back to the beginning.

STAR -
Sabian Symbols 72 degrees apart from Aries 1 (the Five Pointed Star)

Gemini 13 - A World famous Pianist Giving a Concert Performance.

Leo 25 - A Large Camel Crossing a Vast and Forbidding Desert.

Scorpio 7 - Deep Sea Divers with special Machinery.

Capricorn 19 - A Child of About Five Carrying A Huge shopping bag Filled with Groceries.

Ok I FEEL lots when I see these - music - big passion, camel crossing the desert - feel compelled to complete the journey, deep sea divers - feel - neptune and wonder, then the child carrying the shopping - feeling again over worked or over joyed - depends what the child has in her shopping bag.
They all have that emotional feeling pop up for me. If this was a progression from an oracle reading Id say first the idea, then the training/skill is required to progress through the hard lonley days to reach the GOAL the treasures you know you need to find, then you will have the experience under your belt, its up to you to work out if its been worth the effort :)

MARINA

tink27

huredriel said:
Not sure if this is right or not ........ but with the title of a woman embracing a seal ....... duality ...... and here we have two separate parts in the brain ....... the woman and seal in my mind merge ...... a state of becoming whole ...... needing each other .... before able to move forwards ....... I see this too with the description above ....... two separate parts of the brain ..... yet they also need to work together in order to function correctly.

I agree! Absolutely!

tink

tink27

huredriel said:
Just wondering if anyone wanted to look at 5 pointed star aspect or whether that should be left until later?

Huredriel, I love how you've looked at the 5 pointed star for this symbol. I don't feel ready to look at this aspect yet! It's like taking the Whole apart (sifting through the layers) ...before understanding how each piece fits together.

The two things I have learnt recently, doing the sabians, is that of relaxing and concentrating, two seemingly opposites but which have helped to bring a lot of balance in my life!

tink

huredriel

Hmmm the 5 pointed star ..... a timeline I believe .... or perhaps a progression of how the energy of Aries 1 flows through a person?

Gemini 13 - A World famous Pianist Giving a Concert Performance.
Air ...... the Lovers ......... 1 and 3 ..... Magician and Empress ....... brings to mind a certain *glamour* ..... something so passionate that consumes the self ....... is the self ..... and then the title ........ denoting again the *glamour* or perhaps the way that this person is seen by others ....... on a higher platform ...... an expert at what they do ...... something that they've had to take time to learn ...... and then showering their knowledge/finesse onto others .......... This title also has a feeling of endings about it ...... perhaps this is the last send off that the pianist is giving ...... as they are about to embrace all the possibilities that the seal brings?

Leo 25 - A Large Camel Crossing a Vast and Forbidding Desert.
Air to Fire ....... thought to passion ...... Leo Strength and Sun ...... clarity and determination ..... 2 and 5 ...... High Priestess and High Priest .... a marriage between the two .... again two parts becoming one? A camel is strong, sturdy ....... large could denote the wealth of wisdom that someone has accumulated and now carries with them on their new journey. They are moving, not static ........ and the description makes me think of a long journey ...... this is not something to be rushed ..... the camel can travel long distances quite easily by comparison to other animals ...... so to some the desert would be scary and forbidding ....... to the camel it is a necessary passage. Makes me think also of how hard the journey can be of looking within ....... and needing the Sun's light to shine upon the shadows.

So with these two ...... I feel and ending ..... and then a starting out on a new journey ..... would feel that these two time-wise would be around the beginning of the Aries 1/Libra 1 tension aspect.

huredriel

Yep me again ....... my thoughts on the last 2 symbols of the 5 pointed star:

Scorpio 7 - Deep Sea Divers with special Machinery
Makes me think of the Death and Chariot cards ....... deep deep emotional waters ....... and drive ....... bringing about change ...... transformation on a huge scale ....... the title perhaps as to how? ....... A need for the person to go back down into the ocean from whence they came? But with special machinery ........ so the ability to delve the emotional depths ....... where has the help....... the machinery come from? From crossing the desert perhaps ...... a move from dry arid land ....... building upon the solid framework of change ...... to then re-entering the deep water from a different place ....... from one side of the desert to the other .... one viewpoint to another? ....... creating an ability to now see and then expunge previously hidden emotions ....... a release ....... yet a warning too I feel ....... no matter how much *equipment* you have to help you, especially under water ....... there is always a need for vigilance ..... to check your *safety* ...... and when coming back up as one eventually must ....... not to rise too quickly! So perhaps the Chariot here would caution careful considered movement?

Capricorn 19 - A Child of About Five Carrying A Huge shopping bag Filled with Groceries.
Brings to mind the goat ...... the devil ...... the sun ...... and with the title ...... a temptation to take too much on board ..... and since Aries 1 to me is about emotional change ...... the sun also indicates a lot of clarity ...... brightness beaming down ..... which could tempt/blind a person ..... especially after emerging from the depths of the ocean as noted above. A balance needed here I think ..... between driving forward impetuously, taking on too much ....... without looking to the self's needs. The other image that pops into my head ..... is that after all this *exploration* has taken place ...... there could be a tendency from others to place a load on this person's shoulders ........ expectations ....... yet as the title suggests, this is a child of five ....... children should not bear others' burdens ....... so feel a need to watch out for this.

Any comments?

huredriel

Extra thought ........ Aries 1 = Fire and air (Magician) ...... the air helps the fire to live ....... new starts, new drive forward.

MCsea

Hi Huredriel
Awesome insights, I agree with your 5 point star, I feel its the journey, the unseen assistance and obvious tools/people that are in our life.

thank you for sharing!

MARINA

huredriel

Had another little lightbulb go off over the weekend about this when I was showing it to a friend (she just won't get a deck :p)

huredriel said:
Brings to mind the goat ...... the devil ...... the sun ...... and with the title ...... a temptation to take too much on board ..... and since Aries 1 to me is about emotional change ...... the sun also indicates a lot of clarity ...... brightness beaming down ..... which could tempt/blind a person ..... especially after emerging from the depths of the ocean as noted above. A balance needed here I think ..... between driving forward impetuously, taking on too much ....... without looking to the self's needs. The other image that pops into my head ..... is that after all this *exploration* has taken place ...... there could be a tendency from others to place a load on this person's shoulders ........ expectations ....... yet as the title suggests, this is a child of five ....... children should not bear others' burdens ....... so feel a need to watch out for this.

Any comments?

*Groceries* ...... when we go grocery shopping, we are getting the items that we need at that time ....... items that help sustain us .... and usually on the physical plain ... aka food ...... so would also see this as the bag containing everything that the child needs for its physical growth ..... ie. stuff mainly to help in the real world perhaps with a bit of emotional and mental to help it along. And tying into what I said above, perhaps groceries of others .... getting the weekly shop for the family? So therein the burden aspect again.

Just can't keep out of this thread can I? :p