Justice in the context of Love, relationships, romance, etc.

Thirteen

magenta said:
Would the 10 of pentacles mean that she also feel they could have a very stable, solid union?
Heh. 10/Pents make a big diference. She certainly feels they would live happily ever after--in a fairytale way. Nice home, family, riches, security...etc.

WaterSong

Thirteen,
thank you....I know, the 10 of pentacles is a bit different....:)
I know what is coming next when I tell her the interpretation of these 3 cards...she will want a reading!

This thread has helped me lots to understand the Justice card...I was getting stuck when getting it in relationship readings and I like the interpretation of people balancing themselves out.

xoxoxooxo

Tryska

Wow! Thank you Helvetica, Lyric and Thirteen (one of my favorite numbers ;) )

So I should think of justice in context of making a decision, doing what's fair, and keeping the real-life parts of a relationship in balance.

thank you all so much - this thread has definitely given me a better understanding.

WalesWoman

Hmmmm Whenever Justice has popped up in any of my relationship spreads, I've taken it to mean that one person maybe be carrying more of the load than the other, somethings need to be balanced fairly... or that we are on equal footing... I see it at 1-1... two complete individuals contributing equally to the relationship. It sort of depends on the postitional meaning here too. Sometimes it means not to be submissive, sometimes it means not to get caught up in the small stuff, that maybe one is being judged harshly or doesn't have all the facts.

I also saw it as Justice of the Peace before too... making things legal.

But most of the time I've seen it as careful consideration of the pros & cons, not so much karmic as judgemental... since Justice is Truth with a dose of Mercy, that it's the equivalent of looking at the big picture... sometimes we get all caught up and hung up on the little things that may drive us bonkers, but will they outweigh the value of the person themselves... or the relationship as a whole. So I think of it as an evaluation before making a decision... what hangs in the balance? Is there fair and equal treatment, mutual respect... those sorts of things.

Candelosa

This card means, in my opinion, to get the balance in the relationship, but it doesn't tell me anything about feelings.

Tara2007

Getting your just desserts

Justice is a card I have come to know quite well. It was my influence for the month of June, and recently the 2 week coming influence in a CC I had done for me.

This card brings a demand with it. The judge hits the block with his gavel and brings order to the court. If anyone has committed a wrong againt you and Justice shows itself, that person had best mend his/her ways. Or there will be a sentence passed down that may not be pleasant. But, as Justice goes, that sentence is never harsh. It fits the crime. And there will be a powerful voice inside you that calls out for the "criminal" to be made to own up to his crimes, and let the world know that you were not to blame as well. Justice has two sides to it: punishment for the guilty, and rewards for the innocent.

Also, Justice is associated with writers. Thus, the probablilty of a legal writ of some kind could be taken as well. Contracts, settlements etc. are possibly in the works or should be soon.

Reversed, this card is one I do not like seeing. It tends to point the finger of guilt at the querent, and can foretell some kind of punishment on its way.

WalesWoman

Candelosa said:
This card means, in my opinion, to get the balance in the relationship, but it doesn't tell me anything about feelings.
I think the feelings part of this card would be balanced, that you are seeing things clearly, logically and since it is 1-1... that you feel you are getting as much as you are giving... that it's equal. Then again... as scales find a balance, there could be ups and downs until it reaches a state of equilibrium... not too much of one thing or another. So maybe as a feeling it could be... so-so. Which sounds a bit on the bland side...
but on the equilibrium side... it would make a perfect balance of yin-yang, equal parts...
love/hate
joy/sorrow
passive/aggressive.

Confusing isn't it?

Thirteen

Candelosa said:
Feelings in regards to Justice are feelings of wanting justice. Those can be very powerful. You might say to your partner, "That was unjust what you did! You'd better make it up to me," or you may guiltly realize that YOU have been unfair and unjust and say to your partner, "I was very wrong to do that. Please, let me balance things out."

Justice may be a card of mind and intellect--because to be really just you have to have a cool head and see things clearly--but there is a very strong, very focused feeling behind it.

Sofia Philo

I see symmetry in the justice card. The scales are balanced in my deck. I think it refers to meeting your match. Not in a romantic soulmate kind of way, but the equal distribution of power, respect, attraction... just plain balanced. I see this card as a true partnership among equals. I think that sometimes people looking for relationships want someone to "complete" them. I see the justice card as two people who are INdependent coming to a relationship because they want to not because they need to.

Tryska

thanks sofia - that's also a very good explanation. So Justice is actually a pretty healthy card to see in a love spread.