I'm making a 'new' 'bear' tarot deck...

tarotlyn

:heart: wow...can you believe that I have been playing around with the settings on this
computer for about 4 hours!!! It is 4am right now!!! I wish I didn't ever have to sleep! LOL :laugh:

Anyway...good news! I now have sound on here, and I found a fantastic new software called
DriverUpdate...and I got it on sale for $29.95 (reg.$39.95)plus I added $9.95 and have it now
for the next three years for on '3' computers! It scanned my system rapidly and fixed rapidly
'19' missing and outdated drivers. My speakers work perfectly.

Oh and I purchased the StopZilla program...so no viruses will get on here!!!

Windows files are completely updated and I found out that win xp professional (which I have)
will be good until April 2014...so I still can enjoy xp!! :party:

I only still have one problem: Youtube videos...they are a blank screen...but I think it is to do
with the Adobe 10 Flash player that youtube tells you to download!!! Don't do it! Everyone is
having trouble watching the videos because of it!!! I have a request in now in the help forum
and hopefully someone will come up with an answer soon. It is just bugging me!!! :bugeyed:
See, I told you I was perfectionist! YIKES!!!

Well, I will get back to bears tomorrow. I did spend about 2 hrs finding new bear photos...

I will check back in with everyone tomorrow...thank for sticking with me!

:heart: Love you all!
tarotlyn

ETA: I am so happy because I was able to install the Google Chrome browser...my fav!
...and I have the beautiful floral theme showing on the front page that was created by
a private artist named Ella Moss...you can see it here:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/klghmpijngbhkpcnbdjpdbognohonimk?hl=en#

I am in computer heaven (this is sooo fast!!!)...except I am still nuts about not viewing youtube videos!!! :(

See you all tomorrow...later in the afternoon probably...

tarotlyn

Not an expert but reasonably sure it is a young grizzly bear. Try Google images 'grizzly bear cubs' and you'll see what i mean.

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=is...7175l0l10528l12l12l0l4l4l0l270l1658l0.3.5l8l0
:heart: Thank you Alta!... I checked out your link and I agree that the bear I used for the
Knight of Cups is, absolutely, a Brown Grizzley bear cub.

So, my quest today, is to find a new bear for the Knight of Cups, since I think that Grizzley
is a little too young...maybe he would make a better Page.

Alta, do you still think he looks too circusy (is that a word? LOL) to change him to a Page?

So for the Knight of Cups...a Panda maybe...I can try one and see how it looks on the horse...
...big I would imagine...but oh so cuddly! :)

I think I have to start mixing up the 'types' of bears within a suit because I don't think I
can stay with a particular 'one' type for each suit because there are too many different
types and I don't want to leave any of them out of the deck.

Although, I was going to use just Polar bears for the Swords suit but I needed to use a
Black bear because I found one that just fit the profile and angle of that Knight so well.

So I think it will be better to just mix them and not worry about the exact type of bear for
a particular suit. I have already done that anyway and I don't want to go back and change
the majority of the cards I have already done.

...okay...here I go to visit the Pandas...and interview them for the position of the Knight of Cups! LOL

Note:
My goodness, there are so many wonderful deck creations going on right now!!!
WOW...I feel so untalented right now! :p LOL :laugh:

:heart:tarotlyn

Alta

Probably okay for a page. :)

tarotlyn

:heart: Thanks! Alta...will do...

:heart: @everyone:
Wow...I just spent a lot of time looking at Panda bear photos across the net, and I have to
say that they all look so much the same...AND because they also look so much like STUFFED bears,
I had to really take a second look at some of the photos...LOL :laugh: ...only real bears will do!

I think I found quite a few though that I can use. Now to see if I can replace the Knight of Cups with a Panda...

Will post him when he is done.

:heart:tarotlyn

tarotlyn

Here the Knight of Cups...but a PANDA this time!

:heart::) Introducing the NEW Knight of Cups:

:party:

:heart: tarotlyn

Attachments

• CUPS.KNIGHT.PANDA.jpg
    CUPS.KNIGHT.PANDA.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 89

tarotlyn

ACE OF CUPS...anyone?

:heart::)...did anyone like my New Knight of Cups in my last post?

...Well, I have to make up for the days I missed making cards, when my computer was down!
...so...I have just finished another one:

The Ace of Cups...OMG!!! I even had to draw the overflowing water out of the cup!!! :bugeyed:
...pieced together and drew and repainted the sky and the clouds...so much work with the hand :bugeyed:
...drew the cross on the communion wafer...the dove was also very changed from the original photo.
(there are about 7 different photos manipulated into this card and more stuff!)

I love this one! I think you will too!

tarotlyn

Attachments

• CUPS.ACE.FINISHED.jpg
    CUPS.ACE.FINISHED.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 90

Alta

:heart::) Introducing the NEW Knight of Cups:

That is fine now, in fact I like it a lot. It still has the warm humour of the deck but looks more as I envision that knight to be.
...Well, I have to make up for the days I missed making cards, when my computer was down!
...so...I have just finished another one:

The Ace of Cups...OMG!!! I even had to draw the overflowing water out of the cup!!! :bugeyed:
...pieced together and drew and repainted the sky and the clouds...so much work with the hand :bugeyed:
...drew the cross on the communion wafer...the dove was also very changed from the original photo.
(there are about 7 different photos manipulated into this card and more stuff!)

I love this one! I think you will too!

tarotlyn
aw, that's sweet. I do not think that I have ever seen a bear that young. Good idea to use really young cubs for the cups. Nice job on the rest of it. I have tried tiny bits of photo-manipulation and know how painstaking it is. :) Otherworldly that you have the little bear actually walking on water lilies.

xx A

tarotlyn

FOUR OF CUPS is FINISHED

:):heart: I am so happy that you like my new Knight of Cups (Panda Bear) and my Ace of Cups (Baby Panda)...new life... new beginnings! :)

Now...I have just finished: The Four of Cups...and I really like him...hope you all do too!

Oh, and the little panda baby bear (Ace of Cups) is walking on lilly pads because I ran out
of room for anything else...LOL :laugh:...isn't he adorable? I just love him...

That is fine now, in fact I like it a lot. It still has the warm humour of the deck but looks more as I envision that knight to be.aw, that's sweet. I do not think that I have ever seen a bear that young. Good idea to use really young cubs for the cups. Nice job on the rest of it. I have tried tiny bits of photo-manipulation and know how painstaking it is. :) Otherworldly that you have the little bear actually walking on water lilies.

xx A

Attachments

• CUPS.4.FINISHED.jpg
    CUPS.4.FINISHED.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 83

tarotlyn

:heart::) What no more comments on the new Knight of Cups Panda bear or any more comments
on the Ace of Cups I just finished yesterday? Just wondering if something is wrong?

My computer problems are history now and I am on a really fast computer so hopefully
it will continue through the end of my project. So no more talk about that now because
I have sound, video, printer, etc... great software...and I am back on track... I even made 'two' cards yesterday :party: