The Wild Unknown Tarot - Ace of Cups

Pixna

Funny how we all see different things in the background. I've always seen a sort of mosaic of tiles of sorts. And to me they symbolizes something complex or multifaceted. The complexities of emotions and how sometimes we get stuck on one little piece without seeing the whole picture. That this card urges us to step back and see things in a broader perspective. This of course in relation to the general/traditional meanings of this card.

That's great input, Ildrinn. I hadn't thought of the background as mosaic tiles, but I can certainly see that possibility. That adds yet another interesting dimension to this card!

Kissa

What I see:
- fish scales in the background. Lately, as I have seen an empty snake skin, it might also look like one but fish scales ring "truer".
I like very much the idea of a mosaic of feelings because the older I get the more I realize that our lives are tiny pieces of experiences continuously rearranging themselves in new patterns, layers of things happening simultaneously and we only see some of it when really there is movement, flow all the time. We take screen captures of our feelings or our situation but the picture is already out of date one second later. We analyze obsolete data.
- the light is coming from above to fill the silver goblet (I bought a very similar one from a flea market so I see this one as the goblet I own)

I am just coming out of another terrible experience with a narcissist guy, luckily he showed his true face fast enough for me to jump out but I got really shaken. I thought I would never ever fall for a narcissist again. After the big fight and crying my eyes out the whole evening and night on Wednesday, I reached out for my beloved Wild Unknown the next morning.
The Ace of Cups literally jumped out as I was shuffling. Usually when cards jump out, they fall or they almost fall and I catch them. The Ace of Cups did a funny trick that never happened to me before: it jumped, turned, and went back to its place in the stack. So there I was, with all the cards turned downwards except for this majestic goblet full of light. I smiled gratefully and cried a bit as well. Love, it is all about love and what I choose to put in my goblet but definitely the love is all around. Because the light comes from above to the cup, I felt I had to reconnect seriously with my practice that I of course neglected badly as I was overwhelmed and fascinated with him.
I decided to forget about romantic love and fill my cup with gratitude, compassion, laughter, mindfulness and simplicity.

I shuffled the deck for another minute or two and, as always before putting back in its box, I checked the card at the bottom.
The Ace of Cups...
Enough said ;-)

Pixna

What a beautiful and wise commentary on this card, Kissa -- and what an interesting and unusual experience you had with it. Thank you for sharing that!

Erizae

When I look at this card I have a feeling of "seeing things in a new light", kind of like the way we see people differently when we are infatuated with them.

Also, the golden light from above makes me think of "the arising of a new feeling, one that is very different from what has been felt in the past"

Pixna

When I look at this card I have a feeling of "seeing things in a new light", kind of like the way we see people differently when we are infatuated with them.

Also, the golden light from above makes me think of "the arising of a new feeling, one that is very different from what has been felt in the past"

These are both very valuable insights for this card -- and they both resonate for me. Thanks, Erizae!