The Gilded Tarot Study Group proposal thread

Paperdoll

I would be interested too. I have had the deck for about a month. I am fairly new to tarot and am looking forward to learning more about it and especially about this deck. Count me in!

RedMaple

Maybe we could start with first impressions of the deck and why we were drawn to it.

What drew me to this deck was the image of Judgement. It was so different from anything I'd seen. This beautiful trumpeter with a winged headress, the long lashes on the downcast eyes. I thought it was an interesting take on the Judgement card, and very beautiful. I liked the dark background, as well.

Now that I have the deck, I find the colors extraordinarily deep and vibrant. I'm looking foward to exploring the images more closely.

I like to do comparative Tarot work -- looking at the cards one by one as compared to other decks, and seeing what might be unique about this particular deck. Anyone else interested in this approach? Also, most important to me is the story I see in the card -- and this relates I guess to the specificity of the image.

One unique aspect to this deck seems to be these fantastic machines that seem both scientific and magical (which is, I think how CM describes them in the book.) I find them fascinating, but haven't read with the deck yet, so I'm not sure how they will work in readings.

RedMaple

Starting New Thread - "Gilded - First Impressions"

Souljourney suggested I use the last post to start a new thread. I started one called "Gilded - First Impressions." Let's talk there.

bleuivy

Hi, all. I got the Gilded back in December, and it has become one of my main reading decks, but I'm interested in studying it in more depth. So I'll be joining all of you if you don't mind. :) Souljourney pointed me in this direction, and I'm glad she did, even if I did arrive late.

See ya round the study group!

annik

It is better late than never, bleuivy! And the more we are, the more it will be interesting. This is why I like the study groups so much. A lot of minds can cover a lot on one card.

satinangel

I just received my deck today as a gift from my hubby, so I will be joining you all as well if you don't mind....will meet you at the "First Impressions" thread!

Rhiannon SW

I will be joining in a study group for this deck also. I'm very excited to explore it further.

annik

Rhiannon SW said:
I will be joining in a study group for this deck also. I'm very excited to explore it further.

Don't be shy! Please jump in! There is a few cards that we had studied. You can access them by the study group index. You can also post on unstudied cards.

satinangel

I am glad to see that there are others still interested in studying this deck! I look forward to sharing with you all and learning from you as well!

I've yet to do a reading with me deck, still playing with it and trying to bond with it!

I love the artwork and feel very drawn to the deck, just feeling a little nervous about throwing a spread!

Enchanted

Okay my Gilded arrived in the mail today....happy dance... :)

Can anyone join the study group as I would love to explore this deck with others. I realise you have already started but I was hoping that didn't matter. (Now to sound like a total dufus) do I just join in on a thread or is their a particular pattern to card study?