Disrespect of Cards

yirabeth

nisaba said:
I used to think that about children, and spent many years being a good parent and a polite, respectful parent.

As a result, said child thinks I'm dirt, walks all over me and swears at me. She took it as proof of her superiority and thus my inferiority, not our equality. A lot of us say our decks are like children to us ...

That's cuz she's a teen..she'll outgrow that :) Then she'll come to know you're far wiser and more insightful than she ever knew...

My teen son is being a real trial right now too :rolleyes: I just look at his older brother and hope some day he knows just how genius I am too! (Of course there's a fair chance his older brother merely knows its pointless to argue...haha)

~Yira

WyrdRaven

In thinking of children and parents, I had some thoughts about how I talk to my decks. I used to tell my tarotist friend, when bringing my decks to her house, "I'm bringing the kids." After being chided by the Wheel of Change Tarot and getting a few sobering readings from other decks, I never say that anymore! Now I tell my friend, "I'm bringing the Elders." I never place the cards on random surfaces... I always put down a spreadcloth first (I even did that in my tarot class). I always try to put the cards in order before placing the deck back in the box/bag after a reading. And I try to give the cards some sacred space when reading-- no TV or radio, just music and sometimes incense. In the past, I have censed decks that felt "off." I've found that the more decks I've acquired, the harder it is to keep this sort of orientation in mind. Back when I only had five decks, it was easier to give each one the respect it deserves. Now that I have more than I can read with, it is more of a challenge. But I've found that the more I respect them, the deeper the readings I get from them.

Storm82

WyrdRaven said:
But I've found that the more I respect them, the deeper the readings I get from them.

thats what I mean: you get what you give.
when I respect the cards I get really insightful readings (and correct:)

and a great feeling comes with that