My Yes/No Cards

xoxo

I'm curious, why would the Queen of Coins be considered a "No"? It seems to me that it should be a "Yes" slow to react but a definite "Yes" in the long run since the coins/pents represent something tangible. Just a thought...

I was wondering myself exactly the same... any thoughts? Thanks!!

nisaba

Consider situations like:

Q: Will I end up married to this person?
A: Yes, but it will be horrible after the first few years.

Q: Will I get this job?
A: No, but it will be a lucky escape from a dreadful work-environment.

Q: Will I have a baby with this person if I stop using contraceptives?
A: Yes, but they will grow up to be a serial killer.

Q: Will I have a baby with this person if I go off contraceptives?
A: Yes, but one or both of you will end up abusing them and their life will be a misery.

Why is a yes-answer always positive? Why is a no answer always negative? It is *exactly* this dilemma that makes Tarot toothless for these kinds of questions - the cards will always try to talk around the other qualities of the situation, not the bare, one-word yes/no answer.

Use your pendulum (or your tossed Ace Coins, or even a tossed real coin) to get the yes.no answer, then pull a card or a couple of cards to see what it will actually be like afterwards.

Peachesncreamme

Consider situations like:

Q: Will I end up married to this person?
A: Yes, but it will be horrible after the first few years.

Q: Will I get this job?
A: No, but it will be a lucky escape from a dreadful work-environment.

Q: Will I have a baby with this person if I stop using contraceptives?
A: Yes, but they will grow up to be a serial killer.

Q: Will I have a baby with this person if I go off contraceptives?
A: Yes, but one or both of you will end up abusing them and their life will be a misery.

Why is a yes-answer always positive? Why is a no answer always negative? It is *exactly* this dilemma that makes Tarot toothless for these kinds of questions - the cards will always try to talk around the other qualities of the situation, not the bare, one-word yes/no answer.

Use your pendulum (or your tossed Ace Coins, or even a tossed real coin) to get the yes.no answer, then pull a card or a couple of cards to see what it will actually be like afterwards.

I can definitely see your point here Nisaba, thanks!

libertybelle

This is an excellent suggestion nisaba. Thank you.

lisaxtiffany

I am not quite understanding the cards that say "Even Stevens." Are you meaning to say that it is Yes and No?

For Example: I asked the question "Will I marry [ My crush's name]" and it gave me Justice - Even Stevens. I am not understanding that interpretation.

Also - I sometimes ask a question that is related to the original to get more than one interpretation. I did so with this and asked "Does [X] find me attractive?" and I got
The Fool - if you take that risk.
I am not understanding what is risky about someone finding me attractive? lol.

callistoluna

I am not quite understanding the cards that say "Even Stevens." Are you meaning to say that it is Yes and No?

For Example: I asked the question "Will I marry [ My crush's name]" and it gave me Justice - Even Stevens. I am not understanding that interpretation.

Also - I sometimes ask a question that is related to the original to get more than one interpretation. I did so with this and asked "Does [X] find me attractive?" and I got
The Fool - if you take that risk.
I am not understanding what is risky about someone finding me attractive? lol.

Justice is probably saying "that depends - at this point you need to focus on what comes before the wedding - courtship, engagement, moving out,etc."

And the Fool is probably "yes he likes you - but you're a little too free spirited to settle down at the moment." The fool is about beginnings so maybe Justice is pointing out to focus on what comes before the wedding and the Fool is saying let the adventure begin :)

Yes and No questions I find are very complex because the cards like to tell a story when you read them.

By the way I do like the list - it's a great learning exercise in itself.

lisaxtiffany

Justice is probably saying "that depends - at this point you need to focus on what comes before the wedding - courtship, engagement, moving out,etc."

And the Fool is probably "yes he likes you - but you're a little too free spirited to settle down at the moment." The fool is about beginnings so maybe Justice is pointing out to focus on what comes before the wedding and the Fool is saying let the adventure begin :)

Yes and No questions I find are very complex because the cards like to tell a story when you read them.

By the way I do like the list - it's a great learning exercise in itself.

Thank you, and it's really interesting how freakishly accurate these cards can be - I would definitely consider myself a free spirit and he is one too. More so than me I think.I actually find yes/no cards to be a good way of learning the meanings by heart especially if done the way you did them.

callistoluna

Thank you, and it's really interesting how freakishly accurate these cards can be - I would definitely consider myself a free spirit and he is one too. More so than me I think.I actually find yes/no cards to be a good way of learning the meanings by heart especially if done the way you did them.

Yes and No is a good way to get a feel for the cards inherent meanings. There are so many things one card can represent and you may ask a question and get a card that you think has nothing to do with the answer only to find that when you strip it back to the basics (yes and no, positive or negative) that it starts making a lot more sense.

SA12

Here's a quandary -- what if you ask a yes/no question, get 3 cards upright/not ill-dignified... and the left is a no, the middle is maybe and the right is yes? lol
For instance: 4 of Pentacles - 2 of Wands - Knight of Pentacles
Do you then rank by number or court card or is it positional?

risingdreamer

9 of swords is my favourite: U MAD?