an infallible method to reveal the name of a future husband, wife, or partner...

nisaba

EnriqueEnriquez said:
la conspiration alphabétique
(an infallible method to reveal the name of a future husband, wife, or partner)...

look for a person with that name ...

marry that person ...

We guarantee this method will lead you to absolute happiness, until the need of shuffling the deck again becomes evident. **
I'm just glad you have a disclaimer - and a sense of humour.

I have a plan that will work just as well.

1) Write some huge letters on the pavement below your window.
2) Leave some Tarot cards loose on your window sill until the wind blows some of them out the window.
3) Write down one or more letters that the Tarot cards may land on, or near, or if not near, at least which letters are closest to the nearest card in the next state.
4) Look for a person whose name contains at least one of those letters.
5) Marry them, with or without their consent, until such time as you cannot abide their presence.
6) Then get divorced, and leave your deck on the window-sill again.

(there are many, many reasons why I have chosen never to marry!)

nisaba

Nickigirl said:
And the letters are: VCNZB
<cackle> Evidently someone called Vincent, from Zambier. Or Zambesi. Or the holder of a Victorian Cross medal, with the initials NZB. Or a New Zealander with a Victorian Cross, who has one of their names starting with B.

re-pete-a

Maybe VINCE B.

Fleo Brianson

Haha, great thread. I got F-O-Z-M-X, which I assume will be Fozzie the Muppet's Handler, whose name contains an X.

(Just for curiosity's sake, I looked up the name of Fozzie's handler. While his name doesn't contain an X, it is Frank Oz.)

Nickigirl

Thanks guys but unless Vince is a girl's name, Vince won't be my partner!!! LOLOLOL!

EnriqueEnriquez

Nickigirl said:
Thanks guys but unless Vince is a girl's name, Vince won't be my partner!!! LOLOLOL!

Well, if you want to be picky, you also got VBN CZ = vee bee en ceezed= Vivian seized. But she probably drives a hybrid.

Best,

e. e.

EnriqueEnriquez

Fleo Brianson said:
Haha, great thread. I got F-O-Z-M-X, which I assume will be Fozzie the Muppet's Handler, whose name contains an X.

(Just for curiosity's sake, I looked up the name of Fozzie's handler. While his name doesn't contain an X, it is Frank Oz.)

Well, you have Z. M. FOX or M. Z. FOX, whomever finds you first.

IF you find yourself having to choose between two foxes: Z. M. or M. Z. I suggest you ask them who would be willing to get Miss Piggy tattooed on the left ankle. That should settle the matter.

Best,

e. e.

nisaba

Nickigirl said:
<without turning a hair> Vincenza or Vincentia.

rwcarter

It's the same basic method as used with the Quest Tarot, although that uses all 40 pips and the 16 courts and introduces wild cards into the mix. And you could use it for more than revealing a person's name - you could use it for any word, like where you left your keys or where your deck is hiding, etc.

I like this application of the idea though because the Quest cards have a lot of stuff crammed into them just go get at words.

The Quest has a built-in (and probably inadvertent) cheat though - you pull one card for each word in your question. And you don't have to use all of the cards to get your answer. So if you ask, "What is the name of my future mate?" you would pull 8 cards. But if you ask, "What is the name of the person I will fall in love with and marry?" then you get to pick 15 cards, and you have a larger pool of letters from which to form an answer. :D Something similar could be used with this method.

Rodney

EnriqueEnriquez

Hi Rodney,

You can certainly use 'la conspiration alphabétique' to form a word showing the location of a lost -or stolen- object, as long as you keep in mind that it will take you to a point that will have two degrees of separation from the actual object.

Best,

e. e.